Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked linkage and it seems fine but key will not turn, it wiggles a little but will not turn. Sprayed some liquid wrench on it bit it did nothing. Whats with all the electrical connections attached to everything? What else is there to check? If I have too, is it possible to take out the cylinder? Please let me know.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I don't know if this might have anything to do with it. But on the 99 there is a switch on the latch that will make the lock inoperable. It's a security thing. Check if there is something like that first. I don't know if they put them on the P10.

·
Registered
142 Posts
G-Forces said:
I don't know if this might have anything to do with it. But on the 99 there is a switch on the latch that will make the lock inoperable. It's a security thing. Check if there is something like that first. I don't know if they put them on the P10.
On the P10 its in the glove box, but I think the switch is to disable the remote trunk opener on the driver's door. Make sure you're using the "special" INFINITI key and not the valet key, I don't think the valet key works for the trunk.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Trunk Lock

What STEVO said:

Try locking/unlocking the glove box. If you can, it means you are using the correct (non-valet) key. If you cannot, you are using the valet key. The only key that will open everything is the big (pain in the ass), all metal Infiniti key.

If you can open the trunk with the armrest switch, it means the security lock in the glove box is in the unlocked position. It also means that there is something mechanically wrong with the trunk lock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts