Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I cant open my trunk with the release on the inside. It seems like when i pull the trunk opener. The solenoid that pulls the rod would pull back so quickly that i have no time to open the trunk. If I pull it and have someone pull on the trunk, i can open it quickly, but i cant do it when i am by myself. Is there an adjustment i can make or do i have to replace the solenoid

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think you just need to replace the shocks (or whatever you call them) holding up the trunk, I know I have to do that but they're pretty pricey. The trunk is really heavy so even if you release the trunk, it's falling back on the lock. When i pop my trunk, I have to be careful not to slam my door too hard or it will close again. I know, it sucks.

Joe:-\

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Damn, all I can say is that must really suck. I hope it doesn't happen to me. On a 92 G20...oh please, just hold out until I finish college...

·
Registered
80 Posts
my crap broke too... it can be 3 things the trunk strut thingies... the rubber stop isn't adjusted correctly or the popper is just dead... i think the popper was either a lil over or under a 100 it happen to me when i got my car bout 2 or 3 years ago

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can hear my solenoid popper move. Right now I use the remote to open my trunk. I have to open the trunk within like 1 or 2 sec of the thing popping, else it wont go up

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
mine has the same problem. it unlocks just fine, but there is no pressure pushing up on it so the heavyass thing just falls back down and relocks. the trunk popper is pretty much useless. i havent even looked for how much replacement shock things are because whatever it is, i cant afford it.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
yeah my soleniod is wasted so it does not even pop with anything but the key. but i think that i will leave it that way so that if someone breaks into my car they won't jack my system in the trunk since they won't be able to get it open

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, I went down to the car to figure out the problem. Here is the deal. If I use the remote, the solenoid will pull the latch for about 2 sec. But when i use the one in the car. As soon as I release that button, the solenoid will retract. A nyway i can adjust that?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my G20. I took it to the dealer to fix it, and this is what I found out. Because of some design flaw, part of the latch can become bent slightly just with normal use. This bend keeps the trunk lid from poping up and out of the way of the latch before it locks again. He said this is a very common problem for G20's and not to worry. He just used some pliers to bend it back to where it should be, and it works fine now. If you have a spoiler, it will add some extra weight to your trunk lid, so you might be better off getting some stronger pneumatic struts to counteract the added weight. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They have all kind of assorted sized mini shocks at discount auto parts here in Florida they will most likely have them where you live too. Not sure if they have the right size but it is worth a shot and I’m sure they are way cheaper than the dealer.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Money G20 said:
I had the exact same problem with my G20. I took it to the dealer to fix it, and this is what I found out. Because of some design flaw, part of the latch can become bent slightly just with normal use. This bend keeps the trunk lid from poping up and out of the way of the latch before it locks again. He said this is a very common problem for G20's and not to worry. He just used some pliers to bend it back to where it should be, and it works fine now. If you have a spoiler, it will add some extra weight to your trunk lid, so you might be better off getting some stronger pneumatic struts to counteract the added weight. I hope this helps.
Does anybody know what specific part needs to get bent back into place?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a different problem wioth my g20. The trucnk wouldn't open with keys it always had to be opened from inside button.Also the hydraulics are gone the trunk just falls down slam when left from a height.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts