Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I wanna add some horsies under the hood and i was thinkin of this set up to squeeze out a few.

Hotshot C.A.I
Hotshot header
and a Greddy cat back exhaust
MSD ingnition coil with wires and platinum spark plugs

Does anyone know of better brand names for the buck, or do people aprove of this setup comments please! especially on the catback system (anyone know of good/bad ones) Can anyone estimate how much horsepower I will get out of this system? Thanx

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Sounds good, only ditch the ignition wires, the stock ones are the best for the car, Id hate to see you waste money on those, save for the S3 cams from JWT if you want to go further.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I herd i would have to mess with my battery if I got the HS c.a.i. is this true? What intakes just bolt right in with out any battery moding? Thanx for the help.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
those that have the HS CAI have simply moved their battery a little so its out of the way, its tight, but will fit. If you dont want to go that route get a JWT POP charger, it replaces your stock airbox.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hot Shot makes about the best headers, but you'd probably make more power with an AEM intake. Don't they make a P11 application by now? Some underdrive pulleys would also be nice, though you're talking about a lot of money now.

And ditch the ignition "upgrade;" stick with stock on this one.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
G2002 said:
Hey I wanna add some horsies under the hood and i was thinkin of this set up to squeeze out a few.

Hotshot C.A.I
Hotshot header
and a Greddy cat back exhaust
MSD ingnition coil with wires and platinum spark plugs
Looks fine. Save your money on the MSD stuff unless you go over 14psi boost. They won't gain you anything otherwise. Like Pat said save your money for some S3's. ;) The I/H/E will probably get you an extra 15hp peek at the wheels and maybe more in other places in the power band.

CowboyDren said:
but you'd probably make more power with an AEM intake. Don't they make a P11 application by now? Some underdrive pulleys would also be nice, though you're talking about a lot of money now.
No. :( If they did I would just trade the B14 intake i have here for the P11 one. BTW the B14 doesn't fit. But noone wants to buy it from me for some reason so I just might cut it up and modifiy it so it will work. :-\

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Wonder if the B15 unit would work better, since our cars really are more similar under the hood...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
CowboyDren said:
Wonder if the B15 unit would work better, since our cars really are more similar under the hood...
You have a pic of the underhood that I can see? Better yet got a pic of the B15 AEM that I could see. ;)

There are three main problems. The AEM intake puts the MAF too close to the strut tower. The rad overflo gets in the way of mounting the lower pipe properly, or rather the pipe gets in the way of the overflo. Finally and most importantly the end the filter attaches to seriously interfers with the fog light. So the fogs would have to go or the bend would have to be straightened.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Dozens of pictures, both of the SR and QR fitments. Go to the B15 Sentra Forums and do a search for "AEM* Pictures Installed" (don't forget the * in after AEM), and have a sniff around. Don't worry; if the natives don't see you interracting, they won't see you as an intellectual threat and will leave you be...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts