Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And here's the problem. My buddy flew out to LA to pick it up and and drive back and is now, as I type this, stranded in Eastvale, CA (I15 near Rt. 60). Fifty miles into the trip it dies on the 15 and - I know its a long shot - we're looking for a referral to good repair place to tow it. Someone who knows G20s. (4pm 8/3/2020)

I'm sorry to use the forum for this irregular purpose, but we thought you would be the folks who know best.
If you have suggestion, his number is 912 996-6296. His name is Jay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diagnosed, so far, as a blown head gasket. Locals don't seem to want to handle it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently two cylinders are leaking into the water jacket. At this point, a used engine may be the best solution. Trying to decide and, if so, find one.

·
Super Moderator
15,141 Posts
Unless this was a magical unicorn with a Dianna or Wald body kit I’d scrape off the VIN and leave it at the nearest airport and fly home. is Your friend stranded trying to fix the car in some random town?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Rent a uhaul and car trailer

·
Registered
133 Posts
listen i feel bad for you ....but that is one of the biggest risk to take to buy a car clear acroos america and not be there to see if it will even make it around the corner. again i really feel bad for you and this situation your in.

·
Super Moderator
15,141 Posts
+1 for Uhaul and car trailer if you aren’t down for torching it and claiming an insurance loss. I had to tow my wife’s stupid Hyundai across the dumbest hottest part of the state.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts