Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2000 infiniti g20, and i was thinking about ways to turbo it. then a thought poped into my head about a twin turbo. i got tho thinking and i was wondering if 2 smaller turbos would be better than 2 bigger ones. since smaller turbos spool at lower rpms wouldnt it add the pressure of a single bigger turbo but the the lower end? i dont know if this would work how im thinking please let me know.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Why two turbos? Traditionally, twin turbo setups are used on V6 or V8 engines with dual intakes and throttle bodies. Or there are sequential twin turbo setups that use a smaller one and then a bigger turbo to minimize boost lag.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey I also have a '00 G20. By two turbos, are you saying like a bi-turbo setup? Where there is a small turbo that spools up the bigger turbo, with the goal of having boost at a wider RPM range?

If not - and your goal is actually more power and speed - I think that one turbo is more than enough on the SR20 engine... you can boost pretty high and go crazy with the horsepower. If you kept things modest you could get 300+ horsepower easily. Which in these little FWD cars is quite a lot IMO

·
Registered
920 Posts
How about triple boost?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNzYty1gAZI

Two would be awesome, just takes up a bunch of room that our cars don't have. You probably would have to sacrifice a few things and cut the car up to make space. Anything can be done with time and money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where are two turbos going to fit?
well in my mind i was imagining 2 smaller turbos that could maybe sit right behind the front bumper and make some cutouts for both of them but i dont know i haven't gone into looking closely at it and seeing how much room there would be its actually my first car and i havent even driven it yet due to not having tires but i just got some new toyos the idea popped in the head because my friend has a twin turbo V8 magnum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts