Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have a couple questions on injector/maf/fuel pump/turbo limits and I'm hoping someone will be able to answer my question.
Are these limits accurate? all are whp if not stated:

-370cc injectors- 250-260whp (can fit in stock fuel rail)
-msd 50lb injectors - close to 300 (needs fuel rail and clips, what about the JWT 4 bar program?)
-stock maf- 250-260whp (about the same as the 370's?)
-z32 maf- over 300whp (but i need the harness?)
-cobra maf- over 300whp (really no limit, and splice wires- no big deal)
-z32 fuel pump- over 300whp (but requires modifications)
-walbro 255lph- over 300whp (no modifications required)
-T25 (bb) turbo- limited to about 8-10psi, limited to about 225-250whp depending on setup?
-T28 (GTi-R) turbo- a couple more psi, maybe 10-12, little more top end power, only works on gti-r manifold, probalby tops out around 250-275whp depending on setup?

-One more question, if i could find a pulsar intercooler, i know they go for around 150 or so, how tough is it to redo the end tanks to fit in a front mount setup, and how's the effeciency vs. say a forge motorsports unit (about $450 or so?)

So, how bad did i monkey that up? :monkey:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
uhh.. looks like i was off with the msd 50lb injectors running on the 4 bar program they can handle as much as 400+whp.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So no one knows? that's ok, i wasn't sure if anyone would. I'll go ask the turbo section of the sr20deforum.com forum and see what they say. I was thinking about setting up some sort of turbo faq for the g20.net website and i'm sure this information would be useful when trying to figure out what components for a given hp goal.

·
Registered
97 Posts
T25's can run more boost than that. Most DSM guys let them spike to 18 PSI or so then they fall to 14 or so by redline.

There is a local guy with a SR20DET in a S13 that made 255HP to the wheels on pump gas with a stock DET (stock MAF and injectors, T25, etc.) He just had an exhaust, downpipe, and FMIC. So those numbers aren't necessarily written in stone. Another DSM guy hit the exact same numbers with the same mods, so I know it is possible at least.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
JustinP10 said:
uhh.. looks like i was off with the msd 50lb injectors running on the 4 bar program they can handle as much as 400+whp.

Actually 50# injectors top out at 400whp on the nose or very close.

If you're looking for 400 to 450whp you should go with 550cc injectors or MSD 72# but the MSD's support much more HP. A downside is that they are very crappy at idle.

Its been discussed a lot on the SE-R list as well as me pestering Mike K. about it awhile back.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b-b00gie said:
Actually 50# injectors top out at 400whp on the nose or very close.

If you're looking for 400 to 450whp you should go with 550cc injectors or MSD 72# but the MSD's support much more HP. A downside is that they are very crappy at idle.

Ok cool. yeah, that's really out of my league right now, i'm not looking for anywhere near that hp level (400+ whp) I need to keep my car streetable. I'm seeing it as 3 different power levels: 200-250whp, 250-300whp, and 300+ the first level looks like the 370cc fuel setup and the second two would need the MSD 50lb injectors and necessary rail, clips, etc... to supply enough fuel. I really havn't reasearched anything past that just because it's way out of my budget.

I've been searching the net for all the numbers, but there are so many opinions out there, rather than facts, that most of what i find i can't trust. I know the correct info is out there, I just havn't stumbled across the right page/post/thread yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well from what I heard, the Forge Motorsport IC will only cost you $252 from TurbocharegerSER (something like that), not $450.

The T28 would fit the BB manifold with some mods, but can be done. However, the T28 will bolt-on the GTiR manifold with ease.

I have been convinced and now is firm on my decision as to how much hp I want for my turbo project. I don't see the point of excessively going over 275hp at the wheels. Beyond this figure you have to look at practicality and cost issues, let alone reliability issue with your engine. Like you I am keeping mine street legal.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G-loads said:
Well from what I heard, the Forge Motorsport IC will only cost you $252 from TurbocharegerSER (something like that), not $450.

The T28 would fit the BB manifold with some mods, but can be done. However, the T28 will bolt-on the GTiR manifold with ease.

I have been convinced and now is firm on my decision as to how much hp I want for my turbo project. I don't see the point of excessively going over 275hp at the wheels. Beyond this figure you have to look at practicality and cost issues, let alone reliability issue with your engine. Like you I am keeping mine street legal.
You have that confused. $252 is the cost of the gti-r manifold (nismoparts.com?), the intercoolers are in the $400 price range. forge motorsports is located in teh UK and has gti-r applications, but i think the intercoolers being used over here are all custom make universal sized IC's. Here is their website:
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/

·
Registered
424 Posts
JustinP10 said:

You have that confused. $252 is the cost of the gti-r manifold (nismoparts.com?), the intercoolers are in the $400 price range. forge motorsports is located in teh UK and has gti-r applications, but i think the intercoolers being used over here are all custom make universal sized IC's. Here is their website:
You are absolutely correct. I was on crack :)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
G-loads said:

You are absolutely correct. I was on crack :)

It's ok, I think anyone looking to spend this much on their car has to be on something, or just stupid (<- That's me!). :monkey:

Update: It looks like the 370cc injectors can be run with the 4 bar program (4 bar of fuel pressure) as well and with this can handle up to 300whp. I don't know the specifics on this yet, but it's being talked about on the sr20deforum.com forum's turbo section. I'll post the info here once i know more.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tial BOV?

Hey G-loads, Tial makes BOVs? Maybe you mean Tial wastegate. You will have to have the GTI-R manifold modified for an external wastegate.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm pretty sure those Forge intercoolers are just Spearco cores. That's exactly what they look like. If that's the case, you would be importing a previously exported paret back. :)

You can get spearco cores here yourself for cheap, no need to go overseas.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Re: Tial BOV?

JustinP10 said:

Justin,

The Forge IC with Full Pipe run is specified for the Pulstar GTi-R. Will there be enough clearance to fit it between the front lip of the G20 or will there be some minor cut-outs of the bumper to get it fit?

Dshaft96 said:
Hey G-loads, Tial makes BOVs? Maybe you mean Tial wastegate. You will have to have the GTI-R manifold modified for an external wastegate.
Tial makes both wastegate and BOV. I believe, the T-28 turbo w/ GTi-R setup has an internal WG. It should be a direct bolt-on onto the GTi-R manifold.

jIm

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forge also makes universal IC's too. Look at the very bottom and there are 4 different ones.

Universal Type 1 680 x 160 x 74mm
Universal Type 2 610 x 160 x 74mm
Universal Type 3 610 x 160 x 95mm
Universal Type 4 680 x 160 x 95mm

Before I order I'll plan to measure everything and figure out what'll fit the best with the space provided. I'd like to find the longest one possible that'd fit, however as far as thickness, I don't know if i'd want a thicker IC for better cooling or a thinner one that wouldn't require as much cutting to fit?

Jay- I thought Spearco IC's were a lot more expensive? These Forge units are in the $4-500 range, i thought spearcos were a couple hundred more than that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts