Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been offered a XS Power GT28 hybrid Turbo, are these much better than the standard t28? and if so what should i pay for this? its brand new unused.

it comes with the J pipe which would sell as i already have1, regards.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was told they produce more boost? suppose i was gonna get it for around $100 is that worth it?

·
Registered
369 Posts
if you can get it for 100 buy it...its only will last a month with luck...
get a real turbo man...t28 or gt28rs etc..

·
Registered
182 Posts
a brand new gt28rs sells for about 1K :| time to start saving money

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so how comes its advertised at more boost than a stock turbo on a 200sx/pulsar

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i been lookin around, sum bad views,

-Rex200401-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Aren't the XS Power turbo compressor housings know to just fall apart

i might get it if i can get it for about 50quid, just as a starter turbo, and to get the system running as a test, then once i kno a bit more about turbos and set ups, get myself a real1,

so thanks, wont be parting with a large ammount of money :)

·
G20 OG
6,684 Posts
why waste your money at all? its junk it will fail and you will have to go through the trouble of replacing it. Not to mention who knows how the fitment is.. if you take anything the jpipe would be good (maybe as long as it in not for a rwd car) spend the money on a t28 or somehting else

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so u think just get a standard turbo off a 200sx or pulsar rather than this? :O

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im not denying what you guys say, but why do all these turbos i find like this XS powered ones all say capable of 500bhp and loads of specs, is it just talk and they really just fall apart?

is it a case of buy cheap buy twice :)?

·
Registered
182 Posts
buy cheap buy twice and fix all the stuff that blows up with it :) save your money for later on down the road. And the turbo may be able to blow enough air for 500hp, but for how long? My bet is you make 2 runs at 500 then the dang bearings in the thing seze up or you end up with so much shaft play that the blades get chewed up on the housing. Remember you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
182 Posts
brand new t28 is between 800 and 1200 depending on options that you can get. I'm sure you can find a new one for cheaper, but i think 600 and up is good rough estimate

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so what are those other 2 links i sent u? cheap rip offs?

·
Registered
182 Posts
when you read the buyer seller questions the seller says that the turbo only makes 275 hp on 14lbs of bost, that is a far cry from the 500 that they advertise

1 - 20 of 26 Posts