Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
It depends what sorta power and characteristics you're looking for. Big power, faster spool-up, top end power, mid range power, good streetability, etc.... And the big thing, what are you looking to spend.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
JustinP10 said:
It depends what sorta power and characteristics you're looking for. Big power, faster spool-up, top end power, mid range power, good streetability, etc.... And the big thing, what are you looking to spend.
Man you hit it right on the freaking head. ;) It's kind of like it i was to go and ask a real estate agent..."Now whats a good house to buy?" ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok.....
Im looking for a turbo that has a fast spool and mid range power... The start of this post was to try and take and Avrage of what you guys are runing not to ?? what i should get..... Im all ready looking to use a t3/t4...

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
macross said:
Im all ready looking to use a t3/t4...
There's a lot more to it than that. The SR20 guys are running wide range of turbos from basic t25 bolt-on kits to GT3035 fire breathers. We can't answer your question properly because 1.) noones taken statistics and 2.) it comes down to personal choice and finance.

What is 'mid-range' power to you? To me it mean about 300-400whp. To others 280ish might be mid-range. Still others might thing 200 is mid range. Give us some numbers that you're looking for. Oh BTW doesn't everyone want minimal lag. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks guys... see my car is not runing the godly SR20DE.. Im runing on a VQ30DE... I just read your stuff seeing as this forum has more about turbos and over all power.. the other Maxima guys are just about super chargers... and NO2..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
macross said:
ok thanks guys... see my car is not runing the godly SR20DE.. Im runing on a VQ30DE... I just read your stuff seeing as this forum has more about turbos and over all power.. the other Maxima guys are just about super chargers... and NO2..
Dude, you need to read Mike Kojima's article on turbo sizing in SCC late last year. A good turbo for your car is not likely to be a good turbo for ours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts