Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me their opinion on which is better. The turbo or a supercharger. I have been told that the superchargers of today are much better than they used to be and aslso give less stress on the engine.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Kev

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You might want to do a search on this topic on this forum as well as the www.sr20deforum.com. This topic has been dug into the ground several times in the past. Several times. And there are several peoples different views on it.

To add my personal thoughts and what knowledge I've gathered, if you plan on doing this to a SR20DE, it has been hashed out several times that the turbo is the way to go. There are no superchargers available on the market for the SR20.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Sums this one up nicely.

Kev

·
Registered
211 Posts
I thought you had a GA16DE???

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I do but I was looking at replacing it with the sr20DE engine, unless anyoen can come up with a better solution!!

Kev

·
Registered
306 Posts
Turbo vs. Super

In general terms, the Super charger adds more low end power and the Turbo more high end power. Of course, there is alot of variables such as intercooling, compression ratio, boost pressures, turbo/supercharger sizes, etc. It's best to compare the ACTUAL kits available for your application. Compare the torque/power curves vs. rpm and where you like your power to arrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts