Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
41 - 60 of 332 Posts

·
shenanigans
2,002 Posts
you should ditch the journal bearing t28 and get a 2560R . . . I think someone on here has a used one for sale :cheeky:

/shameless plug.
lol I wonder who..

Nah man im not down grading. Yea BB is nice, I have had them before on other applications, but BB and journal flow the same, its just BB spools hella faster and is more efficient. Top end they are the same though..

·
Registered
920 Posts
gl koojo. I wish my turbo kit didn't get jacked out of my gma's garage...jesus hates me.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
lol I wonder who..

Nah man im not down grading. Yea BB is nice, I have had them before on other applications, but BB and journal flow the same, its just BB spools hella faster and is more efficient. Top end they are the same though..
You wouldn't necessary be 'down grading' lol. But ya if I already had a T28, I wouldn't get a GT28R, since it's about 2x more expensive. I'd brobably step it up to a GT30 series turbo. But since I now have a T25, and just want around 300whp, a GT28R is just what I want, and you gotta love the BB. I just have to blow some air at the turbine with my mouth and it spins.

gl koojo. I wish my turbo kit didn't get jacked out of my gma's garage...jesus hates me.
LOL it got jacked?? Maybe I should go hide my stuff

·
Registered
920 Posts
LOL it got jacked?? Maybe I should go hide my stuff[/QUOTE]

it's cool im sure it was my cousin going through my shit and was like wow wonder what this is(he is a dope addict) and pawned it off to one of his friends. Fu%k em

·
Full-Time Chiller . . . .
6,285 Posts
Nice progress, the car looks sick. If you need another GTiR manifold pm me.

That avenir wastegate should work fine once you get the GTiR bracket.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
I woke up early this morning and got right down to business. I got the JGY Manifold in the mail today, and also went down to a local performance store and picked up some SS water lines and fittings. I also bought the oil return adapter, which is supposed to come in tomorrow. Anyway, here are the pics:

1) New parts. JGY Manifold, SS water lines (6AN). (Old water lines at the top of the picture)

2) I cut some spaces into the manifold flange. I was told that it's a good idea to do this to prevent cracking later on, since the metal expands as it gets warm. In the BB manifold, the runners are separated, but here they aren't. It took my about an hour with a damn hack saw, but I finally got it. Red lines show where I cut. ALSO, I need to drill and tap a hole for the EGT gauge.

3) I put the turbo on the manifold, and tried to fit it on the block. I noticed that the golden colored bracket was hitting my slim fans, so I cut off the part that was sticking out:

4) Bracket is cut:

5) After that was done, I threw the setup back on the block. I noticed that the compressor is hitting the front motor mount just slightly. So next time, I'm going to break out the dremel and slash the top of the motor mount. Everything else clears, but because I can't bring the setup down just slightly, the manifold won't seat against the block:

6) This is with the jpipe and everything put on (temporarily):

7) So after I was dickin around with the turbo stuff, I moved on to installing the new SS water lines. Before what I did was T into the heater lines, and then run a rubber hose to the turbo. Now, I am keeping the T, but adding a direct fitting to the T and to the turbo...no more banjo fittings or clamps to deal with (no leaks). Here is a picture of the T's:

8) What I did was get a 1/2" Pipe Thread to 6AN fitting and installed it.

9) Here is the completed line with the T (It may look like the fitting isn't in all the way, but i torqued the SOB down to the point where it no longer moved). I also used some thread tape. To torque down the fitting, I actually threw an O2 socket onto my wrench, and it was the same exact size, so that worked out beautifully:

10) I took the second SS water line, and hooked it up to the T:

11) I then went on and installed the T's back into the heater lines (a little blurry):

12) And now I have SS water lines :) (don't mind the crazy mess in the engine bay):

I also want to clock the center section of the turbo about 1 cm to the rear, so I can match up the oil in hole to my current oil line fittings. But that I'll do later.

·
6,285 Posts
Wow, good progress :thumbsup:

Good idea cutting that useless bracket off, as well as cutting the manifold. You're crazy for doing it with a hacksaw though, way more patience than me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Wow, good progress :thumbsup:

Good idea cutting that useless bracket off, as well as cutting the manifold. You're crazy for doing it with a hacksaw though, way more patience than me :thumbsup:
Well it was either that or a dremel, and dremel wasn't going to work. I don't have another rotary cutting tool, so I had to use good ol' elbow grease.

·
6,285 Posts
Well it was either that or a dremel, and dremel wasn't going to work. I don't have another rotary cutting tool, so I had to use good ol' elbow grease.
You can always grab a cutting wheel adapter from ACE hardware or whatever for your drill, you can get like a 3.5" cutting wheel, that thing does some damage :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
yea koojo...you actually sat there and sawed through that thing by hand..lol DAMN..lol i would have been like " screw this!! ...and started a "free turbo parts" thread" ...lol yea right

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
You can always grab a cutting wheel adapter from ACE hardware or whatever for your drill, you can get like a 3.5" cutting wheel, that thing does some damage :thumbsup:
lol I think I'd be pretty dangerous with a big ass cutting wheel at the end of my drill. It would probably scratch the hell out of manifold from me missing the cutting area so much. Nothing beats a simple saw for neatness.

yea koojo...you actually sat there and sawed through that thing by hand..lol DAMN..lol i would have been like " screw this!! ...and started a "free turbo parts" thread" ...lol yea right
Yep, I sat there for pretty much an hour, but it wasn't too too bad

·
6,285 Posts
lol I think I'd be pretty dangerous with a big ass cutting wheel at the end of my drill. It would probably scratch the hell out of manifold from me missing the cutting area so much. Nothing beats a simple saw for neatness.
They're suprisingly not too bad, they are good to have around for random stuff, but the hacksaw probably does have a bit more precision. In any event you got them cut and that's all that matters.

·
6,285 Posts
Looks clean :thumbsup:

I had to do a little drilling and tapping of my own, it's a PITA if you ask me.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Koojo are you going to hook up the EGR to this manifold? I don't remember what you did with it on the old setup?

41 - 60 of 332 Posts