Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a LOOOOOONG time since my last post… there is so much information on this site that all you have to do is read to fix any trouble on your G…

This is for all electric freaks, because I couldn't find any post with the same symptoms…

My turn signals AND hazard lights stopped working a few weeks back, but they have strange symptoms…
When you use the switches, left or right or hazard, you can hear the relay(s) clicking and the lights will NOT turn on; BUT if you use the key FOB to open/close the doors, then they will work…
I started looking under the dash but found nothing suspicious…
Suddenly this morning, thanks to a pothole, they started working again, BOTH the turn signals and the hazard lights, but only for about ten minutes… and because of a bad road, they stopped again… What puzzles me is that the key FOB will have them light up with the button(s)…

Fuses are OK, and I believe the relays are also OK because if you sit inside the car and press the buttons on the remote, you can hear the relays clicking and the lights flashing.
Any suggestions on where to follow next?? I'm thinking beneath the A/C controls, behind the dash...

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This has been due for quite some time... found the problem... the COMBINATION FLASHER UNIT, part number 25731-72B10... I think it goes by the name of Hazard Warning Flasher also...

Go to the electric (EL) Section of the Service & Repair Manual, page 69: Trouble diagnose of Turn Signal and Hazard Warning Lamps: performed the Combination Flasher Unit Check at the end of the page... The location for this flasher is on page 312, Electrical Unit Location Diagram "J". This part is gloss black, instead of blue or brown like other relays...

To my luck, when I performed the test it failed, but I am a curious person. Since it did not pass the test, I took off the cap, I figured it was broken anyway so nothing to lose here... it has a little green circuit board inside and when I looked closer with a magnifying glass, I could see one of the contacts where the solder had cracked. I took my soldering iron, gave it a nice cleaning and re-soldered the contact real nice and done. Back to working order. I believe 21 years of vibrations cracked the solder inside.

Stay SAFE and in good health.

Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts