Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had a 42" samsung 1080p tv for years now. I have a larger living room now and it just isn't cutting it. Plus the EAGLES are making the playoffs so I will need it for that as well. The mrs is very partial to Samsung. We do not own a TV that is not a Samsung and they all still work great with zero issues many years later. The criteria is listed below so let me know some suggestions.

• 50"-55" (must be 50" or less from left to right)
  • budget friendly (preferably less than $599)
  • 3 hdmi (will look at 2 but 3 is preferred really)
Post the model number you suggest and a link to the deal if you have one.

·
Registered
20,767 Posts
I've got the '16 6 series. Mine doesn't have the voice remote, it looks like they include that now on the '17 models.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone know the model number of the 16 model? I may see if I can snag that one on a better deal. I don't really need the remote.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seems that samsung mostly gets "good but there is better for the money" reviews. Then again that was when it was priced at $799. I have seen this as low as $549. The other tv that pops up alot in my search is the TCL 55p605/607. Best price I see on this is $599. I'd love to see these two side by side. That is what it would take for the mrs to go with a TCL over a Samsung.

BTW she seems to favor Samsung over everything. She had an S6 and now an S7 Edge. 3 of the 4 samsung TV's we have she bought. She even wanted Samsung appliances for the house. Though so far we have gone with Kitchenaid (my decision).

Keep in mind we do not do any gaming other than old school emulation (up to ps1). She watches hallmark, I watch NFL and netflix content. The kids watch youtube or kids shows, but I lower the resolution when they watch :D.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Is this a VA or IPS display? That is a big deal to most folks. I think VA. VA looks better head-on. IPS will look good at damn near any angle. But VA offers a better picture when you are looking straight on.

Visual Array vs In-Plane Switching. (how the pixels are arranged and how the image is then created)

I use this site to compare TVs

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/b20cacf

·
Administrator
5,846 Posts
TCL is actually a really good up and coming TV manufacturer, they usually use Roku OS.

A few models aren't the best, but overall they are great! Just moderate prices vs high end costs.

I just bought a 70" Vizio, not the highest priced but man the quality is good. Doesn't have native 120Mhz but I also don't watch crazy fast sports, it has the Software Motionrate 120Mhz which honestly I can't tell that its using a CPU to up convert.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
we were considering a curved screen because we have a built in tv stand in the corner. Was thinking we may be able to get a bit more TV if it was curved. Viewing angle not really an issue when it's shoved in a corner.

Pretty much decided to get one of these four TV's

TCL
55p605/55p607

Samsung
UN55MU6290 / UN55MU6300

Seems the lower numbers are the same TV's but lack a couple of features like bluetooth. Really coming down to which one I can get a smoking hot deal on. And if it's the TCL I need to convince the fiance it's not a POS.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts