Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever done a Twin Charger setup to the SR20DE?

I was thinking about it, and since i'll have another vehicle as an extra... i can have fun with this car and go all out....

As i have seen with Erics car it can be mated and quite fun with a supercharger... and we all know the SR20DET is a very well done motor... but what about combining the both of them into a beast setup.

I can do all my own welding so that isn't a problem.

Only thing im worried about is the electronics and the programing.

supercharger shouldn't be too bad to install, and the turbo will be fairly straight foward as well.

I've owned 2 turboed cars, and both have been fairly well modded, so i dont think this would be all that big of a problem, just will take some time and lots of fabrication.

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if anyone would be willing to help sponsor me since some of those parts wont be cheap...

besides... i think it would be funny having a sponsorship from a supercharger company and turbo company on the car at the same time at the track ha ha ha!

I already have the supercharger picked out, but im working on the turbo (nice and big one) something like a T04 or so?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Since you wont have to worry about high rpm's to hit boost, I'd say go for a real mother :D
This would be a really fun project to follow. I wish you luck :)

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know but i dont know what turbo to go with... i dont think it would have enough flow to use a supra BT... otherwise that would be fun lol

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CarloSR said:
Please explain.

I dont think ill have enough exhaust flow to use something like a T-40 to its potential...

I want something that will be able to use its power to the top and keep a linier power band...

the supercharger and the turbo are the toughest parts right now... and since i have the super picked out all i need is the turbo..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just a suggestion: since you'll be running two cyl per turbo i'd run with a smaller turbo like a t28 per say, and you'll prolly have to fabricate the exhaust manifolds yourself since i've never heard of a 4 cyl twin turbo hehe

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Mr. Clean said:
Just a suggestion: since you'll be running two cyl per turbo i'd run with a smaller turbo like a t28 per say, and you'll prolly have to fabricate the exhaust manifolds yourself since i've never heard of a 4 cyl twin turbo hehe
dont think he ment twin turbo, what he means is a supercharger AND a turbocharger basically the turbo being fed into the super or vise versa. if i remember correctly that was done on one of the mini's because the super was incorporated in there in such away that something was driven off of it, so you weren't simply able to remove it and add a turbo. what they had to do was add a turbo AND keep the super so inturn a "twin charge".

·
Registered
91 Posts
Could you do something like have a smaller, faster spooling turbo with less boost, spool up a larger turbo with more boost so there is less lag?

Forgive me if this sounds stupid, I am quite a noob when it comes to the world of boost. Just wondering if something like that would be possible.

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
Dan TurboGP said:
vw

and the motor is so hieously expensive to build, i dont expect it to hit the usa at all.

a good turbo is all you need on an sr

lol.. which VW?

..and sure, if you don't mind turbo lag.. it's a great engine option!

·
Registered
701 Posts
It is the Golf GT iirc, i know it is a 1,4 liter engine that puts out 170 hp.

Luppo

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea VW has been looking into it.

and yes im looking at a SC/turbo option... I've been looking at different SC's and i need to find one big enough to get the flow strong enough to be able to spool the turbo quickly....

at first i was looking at the supercharger units from the old thunderbirds, but i have a feeling it might be too big.

as far as room goes.. im not too worried about it.

I want to say it was a turbokit for the mustang, but there was a turbo kit that had the turbo in the back of the car, being connected by 2 long exhaust pipes, and it wasn't actually loosing boost but allowed the exhaust to cool off a bit as it traveled, thus getting more dense of air as it traveled allowing the turbo to get the maximum use out of it. (in conjunction with an innercooled setup)

I could do a twin turbo setup or a Bi-turbo setup (both different designs) but it almost seems borring lol.

If i were going to do a dual turbo setup i would run it similar to the bi-turbo setup, and have one turbo powering the other, while the other did the heavy lifting, but i would have a controller setup almost like a combo between a manual boost controller and a recirculation valve...

i dont know still thinking the setup out..

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
the M65 unit from the SC thunderbird is too big IMHO (we have one that we were thinking of supercharging the 993 with).. It is more ideal for a 6 cyl engine IMHO.

The M45 unit has given us about 8 pounds of boost right now (WITH the VW diverter so it is cabable of more with a different BOV)

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i was thinking the bigger SC because then i could divert some of the air straight to the turbo to give it a prespool...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts