Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a used car always brings surprises. :lick: So my G20 has had a sagging rear since I bought it in January. Yesterday, I saw some spring spacers at Autozone so I decided to try them out since it'll be a few more weeks until I can get some aftermarket springs.

I get home and lift up the rear. I'm about to install the spacers but I decide to clean the springs because they're dirty brown. I start to clean them and notice they're purple...

Intrax Springs??

I wiped them clean and sure enough, there are two Intrax springs in the rear. :eek: I've taken off the front wheels before and cleaned the suspension so I knew the fronts were stock. I assumed the back was also. Well now I know why the back was sagging; someone lowered it. I don't know why anyone would only lower the back. I'm guessing it was some home mechanic that never got around to dissassembling the complicated front suspension or something... :-\ This car was from Arizona; Anyone you guys know of a G20t with i/h/e lowered in the back?

I hope Intrax sells springs individually. Anyone else have any weird used car stories?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
That s pretty funny.. does the car have those LA low rider switches hidden anywhere ?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
:-\ That's pretty weird. Why would anyone want to do a half-a$$ed thing like that? How could that type of setup improve handling or look good?:-\

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
That is weird. If you ask me I'd just pitch the intrax and get a different setup all together. If you can spare the dough get the GC/AGX kit. You can get it fully assembled, all you do is slap it in. ;)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
GtRider said:
you wanna trade your front springs for my intrax springs?
Are the intrax springs that bad??? :p

I called intrax and they said they'll sell me the two front springs for $120 bucks. I'm was going to go ahead with it, but the Intrax comments seem to be really against it. :(

See, the thing is that I'm doing a lot of mods to my RX7 right now. I don't really want to use a lot of money on the G20 until I finish with the RX7. I just wanted some springs that'll lower the car a bit just to make it look a little nicer. For $120, I figured that it couldn't be too bad. Hmmm.....

Well yes, I'll trade my two front springs for your Intrax Springs. Check your e-mail...:)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
It you live anywhere near potholes, driveways or large pebbles in the road .... YES.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
poppy_morenito said:
It you live anywhere near potholes, driveways or large pebbles in the road .... YES.
I know you had them before...what exactly is the problem? Are they too hard or do they bounce a lot? If bouncing is the problem then I won't get them. :(

I mean, I've been driving around with two of them for the last few months. I haven't really had a problem with those. :nervous:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Mike.Com said:

I know you had them before...what exactly is the problem? Are they too hard or do they bounce a lot? If bouncing is the problem then I won't get them. :(
Actually the problem is that they are too soft. The the amount of lowering they don't have a high enough spring rate to compensate.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
G-Forces said:

Actually the problem is that they are too soft. The the amount of lowering they don't have a high enough spring rate to compensate.
Uh-oh, so that means it bottoms out easily, huh?

I'm glad the Intrax guy sent the springs to me C.O.D. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
They lower the front too far. on my old car (yes, a G20 from Az with intrax springs... had I/H too, but i took them all off before i sold the car) i would bottom out on anything more than a small pebble it seemed. I would not recommend intrax springs to anyone looking to buy springs, that is if you are planning to drive the car. I would go with a different set if you're looking for lowering springs. They are very bouncy as they don't leave any suspension travel for the car to use. I had an auto, that may be part of it (heavier in the front) but i still don't think it would make that much of a difference, the ride quality would still be very poor.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
GtRider said:
you wanna trade your front springs for my intrax springs?
I DOO I DOO!!!!! I thought you were going to help me out? I will send you stock springs!!!!

:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts