Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they make a cv boot that is one piece that slides onto your axle. but to slide it on your axle you have to disconnect the axle from the car, which takes a lot of work sometimes.
they make a two piece boot that is a one piece boot that has a cut down one side so that you just have to wrap it around the axle and usually you then have to screw the sides together.
the two piece boot is easier because to install it you don't have to pull the axle out of the car.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
most of the split CV boots are kinda universal, you might want to measure and find one that fits....keep in mind thats only a temporary fix. If you have the time and money get it done right, it will save you headaches and possibly a new CV joint down the road...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought a two piece boot that is similar to the same size that i need and i made it work.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i also bought the split boots and made it work for both the outer boots of the axle. but it IS only temporary and should be replaced with the one piece since they dont fit as well as the one piece and the split is the weak spot in those boots. trust me, i replaced both my axles within one years time. IMO, its worth the extra money to get the one piece put on. i was quoted 130 at a garage, but since the CV joint was shot, it turned into around 250-260 to put on a remanufacted axle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts