Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any off of there head give a good price for two tvs installed with a ps2 that i all ready have i got a quote for $900 the front tv is 6.8 the back is 5.0 does anyone have any thoughts:paranoid:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have no clue how much it would cost but were are you putting them? I assuming one where the headunit is but were is the back one gonna go. I think you should get two in the back and mount them in the head rests. That would be tight as hell but then again that will cost a ton of money.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i am not puting them on and the 6.8 is going in the dash by the radio and 5.0 is in the back head rest for my little girl the price is for installation:x

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
$900, oh hell no. I have a TV in my p11, sitting in the passenger visor which was only $130. A 6.8 will run you on or about $200. A PS2 is $200.

So you can see the price being around $530 + tax and shipping lets say $600.

Now comes the b*tch in this situation, which is Installation. The company is probably going to charge you $300 for installation which is bs.

I would say $70 sounds reasonable for installation if you can't do it yourself.

My quote = $640-670, although if you buy the stuff of eBay you can manage a $500-570.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anyone know how to put in a tv and or an PS2 because Sh#t i will do it my self i put my own radio and amp in my car no i don't think this should be that hard if any has any thought i would be happy to hear them:crosseyed

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
yeah, you can find inverters for like 50 actually (how much mine was) at pep boys and the tv's come with some instructions and either a headrest mounting kit or a visor mounting kit, whichever you pick when you buy the tv's.

·
Registered
411 Posts
1st off, how come no one is using a period to end there sentence??

2nd, be creative!! a ps2 and a tv install is easy. try buyen the tv through ebay, it will be cheaper!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks but can anyone tell how to hook them up if you now of a site that may be able to help me besides12volts:whistle:

·
Registered
411 Posts
romeo said:
thanks but can anyone tell how to hook them up if you now of a site that may be able to help me besides12volts:whistle:
buy a power inverter that u have the option to hook to the cig lighter or straight to the battery (u can hook up any power inverter straight to the battery, but if u get the one w/ the option, it will be much easier). then hook it up straight to the battery. after that, simply plug in ur tv and ps2. that is how u get power. was that what u meant, or was there something else.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
the tv can also be hooked up to either the fuse box or battery just like your cr player can and the power inverters usually only have one outlet so only your ps2 will hook up to it.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
2 TV's and a playstation will drain a lot from your battery. Especially if you have an amp and subs being used too.

I would recommend you get an external battery and place it in the trunk. The only thing the battery would be running is the TV's and the PS2.

In my car, the TV is directly wired to the 12 volt supply pack under the driver dash, same with the TV Tuner. When I had the dreamcast in my car, it was connected to an inverter which sat under the passenger seat. That inverter was then connected to the 12 volt cig light plug*

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
yup, same with mine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts