Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things, first up, I'm after a front bumper to carry out some work to, but I dont want to be driving around with no bumper while I'm doing it.
So anybody that has replaced their front bumper and has an old one to sell, preferably GT but doesn't have to be, let me know. Cash paid and will pick up or pay for postage. Minor damage considered as I'm more after the upper parts.

Second, is there a GT owners club? Or is there only NTOC? Just wondering cos there are a few of us these days.

Reply here or mail me on [email protected]

Cheers
Rich.

·
Registered
343 Posts
ayup mate,

I have a GT bumper in my garage that I am goign to wack on my Primera given time, I will after that have a standard primera Bumper for sale in blue, dotn know if you can wait long but it wont be for sale until about October/November time.

As for an owners club, I hope you mean a primera owners club, I dont have a GT you see :)

Havent heard of one but I would be interested in joining one if you come across any.

drop me a mail anytime you like

Kev

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allright Kev!

Don't know if i can wait that long, Itching to mod the front end :) Probably could wait. We'll see if I can find another one in the meantime. Where did ya get the GT one from???

Yeah, course I meant primera, Like a primera sports owners club or something. Can't leave out all the SRi guys (or whatever you got).

Keep us posted on the progress of your's. about time the Primera got some recognition instead of yet another Saxo.

Laters
Rich

·
Registered
343 Posts
Rich,

I got the Front bumper from a Scrap yard, the only one I found in the uk lol, if you find a scrapped GT anywhere let me know, I need some bits. They had the engine too, only 1500 miles, they wanted £600 for it, am tempted hehe,

My Primera is only a 1.6 mate but its looking nice. I'm just modding the door interior tonight so I'll give you the link to the pics tomorrow.

If there isnt a primera owners club maybe we could look at starting something. would be a laugh. maybe get soem meets setup or something

Bring on the Primera, it woops arse on a saxo anyday :)

Kev

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine for 600 quid? 1500 miles on it? I'll have it for that!!, If I were you though, grab the brakes off it, cheap way of uprating yours :D

Where abouts up north are you? I think Kev Shek is up there somewhere. It'd be good if we got enough peeps together for a rolling road day or something :)

What are you doing to the door? I'm sort of working on some component door builds but There a lot I need to do before that, most of which cosst too much money right, especialy seeeing as I'm paying off the the car at 160 quid a month

·
Registered
343 Posts
heh, lucky you,

I'm paying £180 a month on mine, and its older and crapper than yours..lol I'm getting done!!

erm, my door yeah, I'm just re-fabric'ing the fabric bits on my doors, I was going to go with a carbon fibre look but that turned out shite so I'm going with a plain black design. took me about 15 mins to re fabric the door, looks great I think, I'm still waiting for the silver to dry on the handles before I put it back on but you can see the so far pics here:

http://kevinfairburn.dns2go.com/photos/default.asp?dir=New+Door+Interior&prv=y

I'll post final pics tomorrow

unfortunately the GT was nearly completely burned out, only the engine and the front bumper survived. I'm after discs al round tho but I bet it will cost loads. oh well, I'll have some more money once I get back of holiday.....trying to keep it cheap till then, the material cost 5 quid and the glue another 3.... cheap enough? lol

Kev

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice to know I'm not the only one on a budget. How much did you car cost you then? mine was 5k

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just installed my HSH and downpipe on my SRi today! Can't wait to come up against a GT on the road boy will they get a shock!

GT intake cam
GT mid section
K and N panel filter
HSH AND DOWNPIPE!!!
Powerflow back boz

·
Registered
343 Posts
god!! 5 grand, and its a 99 GT,

Mine cost me £5700 nearly two years ago, its a 97 R. wish I had a GT :(

oh well give it time heh :)

Kev

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey neil! where did you get the header from, and how much did it cost you? including shipping?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought the HSH from Kevin Shek aka www.p11-gt.co.uk. It cost me £300 and it was like brand new (had only been on his car for a few months) The sound that comes off the car now at 4,000 rpm sounds emense, im well happy the car also seems faster!

·
Registered
48 Posts

Just need to clean the engine cover and polish it to match in with my HSH.

·
Registered
48 Posts
He found it as was like WTF thats a nice peice of kit why haven't you had it fitted yet! So I got it fitted.

Rekon ive got the fastest Primera SRi in the country! Rekon i wouldnt have any trouble in spanking a GT as well. Getting it dynod again ASAP. Got 145 hp/136 lb ft b4 HSH/downpipe so im hoping for about 150-155.=)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
primera's

Hey Rich i'm only in Ascot where abouts in Herts are you i'm always looking for people with other primera's to meet up with.My mate lives just down the road who has a P10 eGT and i have a P11 GT with a ram air super ram air filter that sounds the bollacks mate,if you ever want to meet up drop us a line mate.I wish i still had my old P10 cos it had a load of cosworth one off parts on it and was putting out over 200 BHP but i sold it so i could get a flat a couple of years back,and then the twat go's and rights it off.
Cheers.
Andy

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Andy!
I'm in stevenage, just off the A1, used to live in farnborough though so that was a bit closer to ya. I seem to be the only one round here messing with a primera. Couple of almeras rolling around on 17s and so on as well as god knows how many corsas and saxos.

We should see if we can get a bundle of us together some time, I wanna see neils SRi and I definately want to get a look at Kev's turbo'd GT.

I think I spoke to you about your old P10 a while ago about an FSE boost valve. You got one on the P11 yet?

Even if I sold my 200bhp P10 and some chump gets it written off, I think i'd smack him in mouth for being so f****** stupid. You manage to scab any of your engine mods back or was it totalled?

Anyways, keep in touch
Cheers
Rich.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
primera's

I know Stevenage very well mate.No i didnt manage to get any bits of it mores the pity,Are you going to the jap fest in july?Also would you be interested in a ram air filter and complete fitting kit for you GT,much better than K&N and HKS.
Andy

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry mate, got a HS CAI winging it's way to me right now, kev fairburn may be able to use it tho.

Might go to the jap fest in my mates MR2, only had the GT for 6 weeks so would feel kinda embarrassed coming up in a standard car.......

Opinions though, was thinking about stick a pipercross viper on the end of the CAI, I knows it's not been tried, but am I just overdoing the heat shielding????

1 - 20 of 43 Posts