Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
RLF403V Valve body shift kit (transgo)

While I await the arrival of my NEW JWT 4bar 370cc N62 MAF 91-92 Auto ECU I installed my Nismo FPR, Pressure Guage, N62 MAF, and JWT POP.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
Since before time I have been sittting on an N62 (z32) maf with JWT Pop charger. The Maf has pigtails and everything. While waiting on my JWT ECU.... (fade to black and white as to invoke a past thought) Car ruining with ECU from 94 SE-R turbo (stock maf, 3 bar, 370 inj, DET, Auto), because the 94 auto trans is "RE" and not "RL" the ecu was not quite right. Needed a 91-92 Auto ECU and have programmed by JWT (n62 maf, 4 bar, 370 inj, DET 91-92 Auto).... (fade back to color as we journey to the present time) I installed the Nismo FPR, Pressure guage and Wired up the n62 MAF.... (this is the part were the commentator comes on with a slow a steady voice to give you an Idea that something is about to go down, you know like in the Dukes of Hazzard) ....Like everything else I do in this world I research the crap out of it. I found lots of info on how to wire the 4 wire N62 MAF to the available 3 wire SE-R/NX/G20 Harness. And I found lots of confusion, in which I thought how hard could it be, the middle wires are always ground. 1 ground vs 2 grounds.

I got my ECU and plugged it in, turn the ignition on to the star position and check FP guage while pump is on (58-59 ish ((4bar))) cool. Turn the key and varrrrrcoough cough...... She fired up and then just died, like she ran out of fuel.

After tinkering, and working everything out.... (though it seems that this was a quick thing were really talking 2 days here. notice how I attempted to hide the fact that I made a rookie mistake) I found the problem... MAF wiring.

The 99 G has 3 wires (mine has an extra ground so 4) A white/Red (12V power) wire out of shield, a orange wire (signal) and a white wire (ground) shielded together. My pigtail for my N62 maf has 4 wires, a Black/White (12V power), a Black (ground).... (here is where the light bulb goes off) 2 shileded wires, a white wire (signal) and an orange wire (ground).

Turns out that my pigtail is from J30

so to wire it up it is very important to attach the orange harness wire to the white pigtail, and the white harness wire to the orange pigtail.

Seriously some Nissan electrical engineer was creating a wire diagram and must have spilled coffee when getting whipped and reversed the 2 wires for the J30 Maf. but anyways all is well now. I hope to do a trans swap this weekend and get this car back on the road for its million mile march.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
Got the used fresh transgo equipped Transmission installed, ran the car around a bit over the weekend. Missing 2nd gear was a lot worse than I thought. The point of this car is to stick it in D and commute / drive it everywere to keep the miles off my Z. Its so nice now. but my habit of keeping my hand on the shiftier will be hard to break. Also manual shifts are on point too. Feels like a brand new tranny. fingers crossed she holds up for at least 20k miles. The clock has started about 200,200 (2hun-thousand, 2hun) miles.

Everything seems to be working very well, except I think my BOV is leaking.. but thats minor compared to everything else. Looks like I may be able to make Nismo Fiesta after all.... if I can get moved by the weekend.

I ordered some new prothane mounts but they did not ship in time so that's on the lest of todo now. I need to order a new Trans temp guage, mine reads 0-400 and its works fine, but I want wan that reads 0-300 now that I know the operating range of the trans.

There is just something about having cars that when you look at them you either feel pride, or excitement daily. non-car people just don't get it, and that's fine. Some people look at it like we (car enthusiasts) are materialistic. I don't think that is the case, yes a car is a material item, but when you pour your blood sweat and teary curse words into it, it becomes so much more. The build itself is the experience, and the drive is pleasure, and unlike a vacation, you get to experience the joy over and over again for realz.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
Update

Cars running good, put about 3k miles on the junkyard trans with Transgo.

To hell with mishimoto slim fans. put some of these in.

Zero... I mean Zero overheat issues now.

Also got my new plates :)

Broke a J-pipe stud. Will hopefully fix this weekend. I had a metal colector gasket that I guess got too hot and spread it self like butter. I replcaced with mr gasket 2.75" collector gasket while I wait for my APEXi sr20det gasket to come in. Pulled a stud off my spare J-pipe but I could not get the stud off the one on the car.. may have to drill. whoo hoo.

APEXi pressure sensor went out, ordered and replaced.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Do work

Spent my weekend working on the G. Finished the trans cooler install.

Finished the bottom of the hood, and installed it. also figured out a better mounting option for the Intercooler.

Repaired the crack in the Impul Bumper

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Thank you.

Its been quite a journey. I really can't wait for the car to be "done". It's time to move my time and money into the Z so I can get it Track ready and just drive the G forever and a billion miles.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Did some work... Got the car back together for test fitting. had to remove the Impul bumper and reinforce the tabs. I was too skeerd to drive it too much because I don't want to have the bumper come off while going down the road and get destroyed. Had to repair one upper tab and one lower tab on my drivers headlight (JDM Duals). Overall I like the fit and I can't wait to finish some bodywork and get this thing painted.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Junkyard 80K trans with Transgo Shift kit is out and being built with a Levelten Rebuild kit and I will be installing a 3200 stall Levelten Torque Converter.

While she is down I decided to finally finish my trunk audio installation.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
During the Rebuilt Levelten trans install I tore an exhaust hanger off the downpipe which left a gaping hole of loud annoyance. Took it to my buddy's shop and we patched it up. "Everything is awsome"

This comes in the mail today, and should be installed next weekend.

Getting quotes for Paint n body so I can be ready for SR20NATCON.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Installed the Apexi WS2 Turbo Muffler.. I found myself listening to the beautiful sound of this exhaust more than my awesome sound system..lol

81 - 100 of 131 Posts