Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Paint shop decided my little g20 would be their mascot. So it has taken longer than expected. I wanted to basically get the Parts painted and blended into existing panels. Shop decided they want to use my car as their "show" car. So the whole dang car is getting done. Went into the paint booth Yesterday. I should have the car back by the weekend. Then I will wait for a nice day and find a place to get some good pics. I never wanted this car to be a "Show" car. Now I'm going to feel bad about dings, and where I park and all that other crap that goes with caring to much about a "new" car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the finished result. Makes me regret selling the P11 just a little. I still look on craigslist occasionally to see if it is up for sale, but I think the owner probably wrecked it long ago.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
It has taken longer than expected. The paint shop has put in serious work. Im going by there today. Supposed to be ready tomorrow. Im off tommorow and the weekend. I was hopping I would be able to finish some details be for the convention.. really getting down to the wire. So I hope to be able to post some finished pictures soon. I also hope to post some show pictures as well. Thanks for checking it out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Well my hats off to the painter, dude is seriously anal, which is a good thing. Had to remind him that I need the car back no later then Wednesday evening... he promised Thursday. So I took some parts home to work on over the weekend. Blacked backed my JDM corners, Ran some smoke tint over the White/clear on the USDM tails. Installed some Mazworx S13 Valvecover Dress up bolts and swapped cracked radio bezel with a new on. So now when I do get the car back all that's left is to install the Fogs. I'm also promised the car will be fully detailed. If your coming to the SR20 National Con the car will be at the booth for everyone to see so come by and check it out and lets shake hands. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Finally... This build has come to a close.

DUN DUN DOOOOOOOONE

This morning, Gassin up so after work I can head to Nismo Fiesta / SR20 National Convention :)

As she sat when I picked her up from the Shop

I have to go back to the shop for Final Cut n Buff in 2 weeks, what you see is 1500 grit, they want to go to 3000. I will add some emblems to the trunk then as well. Probably the larger Infiniti Emblem and of course G20t.

Thank you G20.net, you guys have been invaluable.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Thanks Fam!

Nice clean. But for real the garage mechanic sleeper with the black hood and primer bumper was kinda dope too.
Well to get the wife to agree to travel in it I had to make compromises..hahaha

Here is a vid of the Car @ Nismo Fiesta 2017 / SR20 National Convention Car Show

Here are some pics of the Hill Country Cruise

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #112 (Edited)
New pics on 1st post
&
Got this at Nismo Fiesta / SR20 NAT con

Like 2016 Nisomo Fiesta not enough G20's pre-regestered so the car got put into Infiniti Other. A very nice (New) Q50 Supercharged, lowered on 20's, with some Carbon splitters got the #1 spot.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Your car looks absolutely great, I love it! Especially because red's my favorite color
keep up the good work!
Thanks for checking out ma build, and thanks for the complements. In about A week I should have it back from final cut and buff at the paint shop. It should really shine then. Every time I think I'm done I think of a few more goodies to add. I guess your never truly done with a project like this... I do have a Drag sentra I'm putting my attention to so progress will be slow.. Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for checking out ma build, and thanks for the complements. In about A week I should have it back from final cut and buff at the paint shop. It should really shine then. Every time I think I'm done I think of a few more goodies to add. I guess your never truly done with a project like this... I do have a Drag sentra I'm putting my attention to so progress will be slow.. Thanks again.
No problem mate! I'll definitely keep looking for updates on your thread. Congratulations on getting so far with your car!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Here are a few pictures after Final cut and buff, painter was not happy with the Hood, so he re-painted it which made the stay at the shop a heck of a lot longer than I would have liked.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Thule Rack...

& my Son's Bike, I have a 2nd sidearm bike rack for my bike, but my bike is down for wheel rebuilding.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This entire thread is amazing. I am also in the Houston area (SW HTX) and I have a 1999 G20 in AR2. The paint looks great for a 18+ year old car but after seeing yours, I may need to visit that paint shop!! My goal is to build a reliable DD with basic mods (intake, coils, exhaust, cosmetics) and the potential 5spd swap down the road. It'd be cool to meet up some time but I'll have to get on your level haha! :knockout: Also, where did you you find the blacked out headlights w/ corners??

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Heck yeah we should plan a Houston set-up. There are a few others that I would like to add. Welcome aboard.

I picked up the JDM duals already retro fitted with projectors in the classifieds. I separated the corners and blacked them out myself. I need to redo the headlights and corners with a new set. But that will have to wait.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
After way too much effort and a boatload of money... I've given up...

on the Boosted Auto. So I jumped right in and Put a 6-speed in.

P12 6-speed
Spec V HLSD
JWT 6-speed Flywheel
JWT 350Z Clutch
Mazworx Kit
and a ton of other stuff.

BYE FELICIA!!!!

Here is a custom 6-speed shifter Bezel I made out of fiberglass.

FIN

Current state

101 - 120 of 131 Posts