Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: If your going to ask why I didn't search before this question, just know the search has not answered my question at all.

As the title says, which Metra Nissan harness is better for an aftermarket headunit and aftermarket amplifier. The 70-7551 has rca's while the 70-7550 does not.

In my case, which is better?? What are the pros and cons

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
7551 allows you to correctly utilize the factory amplifier with your aftermarket radio

7550 can also do this, but you will be sending the head units applified signal to the factory amplifier (to be amplified again). This will work and be loud, but it is not the correct way and increases your odds of blowing the OEM speakers.

To properly use 7550 you should do the factory amp bypass as well and replace your oem speakers with aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Or get the scosche line converter and adjust proper gain. Always the other option.
All you are doing is lowering the signal back down... This gives you a bit of control to adjust the power level but is still converting a line level signal into RCA signal.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All you are doing is lowering the signal back down... This gives you a bit of control to adjust the power level but is still converting a line level signal into RCA signal.
ok cool cool so the 70-7551 looks good in my situation but Jdm_ej, is the scosche converter a bad idea? And where does the rca's on the 70-7551 go?? The headunit im looking to get has 2 preouts.

OR, does the 70-7551 rca's goes into the Scochse convertor?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The 7551 RCAs will plug into the front and rear RCA outputs of your head unit.

The Scochse unit is good because its adjustable.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 7551 RCAs will plug into the front and rear RCA outputs of your head unit.

The Scochse unit is good because its adjustable.
I see. Well looks like I can only plug in the front ones and the rear is for the subwoofer which should be ok...for now. Thank you for answering all my questions JDM_Ej wouldn't know what I'll do without it

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In my experience 70-7551 for stereos with 4v+ preouts and 70-7551 + Scochse for 2v preouts or you'll get distortion at higher volumes.
The Headunit I'm looking to get has a 2v preout plus the 70-7551 and scochse with the amp bypass. I think I'll be ok with all the info I have now. Plus I don't blast music 24/7. But let's see

·
Registered
638 Posts
It works much better than the plug in harness though, the signal is so low through those rca connections, adjusting gains properly does amazing things for volume level and sound clarity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.