Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read 2 schools of thought on this, which in your opinions is correct?

1. underdrive Pulleys add up to 15 hp to your car and cause no harm

2. underdrive pulleys add only 3 to 5 hp and can mess up your accessories.

I am a little confused by all that I have read and am looking to our LM's to enlighten me a little, I want to get a 4 pulley set but am a little worried since there isn't very much written on the detrimental effects of these on our cars. I know they add power but... there also isn't much written or posted on the detriments of these anywhere. TIA

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
After about 3 years with the UR 2 pulley set I can safely say there are no problems. The SR is internally balanced. So to answer your query it's a combination of the two.

Underdrive pullies 'free up' 3-6whp on an inertial dyno and will cause no harm if properly installed. ;)

The 4 pulley set is a waste of money unless you want it to look all pretty under the hood. You'll get the most gains with the 2 pulley set. The 4 unit set is MUCH harder to install and only frees up an extra hp or two.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have installed the pullies on my car, and I would have to disagree with both statements. I believe they add 3-5 HP like you stated, but your accesories will be just fine. You will notice that your A/C isn't quite as cold at idle, but that's about it. There is a nice writeup on the pullies and other mods at www.se-r.net Also, I'd just get the two pulley set if I were you; the other two pulleys are the same diameter and you really won't notice any difference. Unless you just want to make your engine bay pretty it's not worth getting the full set.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
inkorekt said:
Sorry G-forces, I guess we posted at the same time. I didn't mean to repeat.
No problem, it's funny how we wrote almost exactly the same thing. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
just an FYI

the roller sr20's have a 4 couterweight crank journal and the previous ones have 8. It has been said (by Andreas Miko) that the newer sr20's may be more proned to internal damamge due to this fact and that it transmits more vibration and can wear out your bearings quicker.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, the 2 pulley set is all I should get? I am not looking to make my engine bay show worthy, I just wan the car to move... and so far I have accoplished that, but on the same token I don't want to kill anything on it. So there is no fear in installing these as GForces had the 2 pulley set installed for 2 years now. So I feel a little more at eas about ordering them and getting them installed.

Thanks to all

BTW, other than UR is there another vendor for our cars? AEM?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts