Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The upper control arms went bad on my car (the bushings). Anyone know if I can use upper control arms from a 300ZX? I need to find the control arms soon...the dealer wants to rape me for them

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
g20ps said:
The upper control arms went bad on my car (the bushings). Anyone know if I can use upper control arms from a 300ZX?
Nope

Get the camber adjusting bushings from New Zealand,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, would you by chance know from whom I can get these camber-adjusting bushings? If I get these, I won't have to get a whole new upper control arm, correct? (Just making sure, because no one has the bushings separate, and the dealer says they can only sell the whole arm for like $180)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Re: Re: Upper control arms?

Geo said:

Get the camber adjusting bushings from New Zealand,
Okay, I searched, using Adjustable, Adjusting, Camber, Bushings, Control Arm*, and Upper as my search terms, in multiple combinations, but found nothing. Who makes them? Are they made by Whiteline? How about US-based importing vendors?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I just replaced both of my control arms because of the same problem. I bought both of them from www.thepartsbin.com They cost me a $135.00. They were manufactured in JAPAN. The New Zealand thing will probably turn up zero. I spoke with him and in his country they make the ball joint part available, So unless your going to import the part I would go with replacing the entire arm.
You will also need am alighnment. Improved ride. Also check you front axles. I found that what probably leads to premature drive axle and wheel bearing wear is the fact the ball joints when busted allow for your axles to sag. You will not notice this until you hear a hollow sound coming from your wheel, sounded like a pigeon and I thought it was my tires. OH, You will also notice your front tires will wear out on the inner tread really quick. I make my point in saying before I replaced the control arms, I had previously had my drivers side axle replaced. I also needed the ball jount then. A year later I had to replace both drivers side axle and the wheel bearing. I also had the passenger side done two. Get those control arms ASAP!:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was that price for both or for one? Also, aren't you talking about the lower control arm (since it has the ball joint on it)? The upper has bushings at the top but no ball joint, correct?

Edit: Oh, and if my ball-joints are going bad, they are offered seperately in this country. So I could just buy ball joints for that (but I'd still need an upper control arm), right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts