Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Urgent Help Please Look Knock sensor= deep S&!T

K, so for the first time in owning the G I'm in deep $#!*. I was going to change my knock sensor but the damn bolt wouldn't come out... I put a little more pressure and ended up rounding off the bolt and braking off the freaking half of the knock sensor that hooks up to the connectors, So Here's how it stands, there's no way to unbolt the knock sensor from the bottom so Im figuring I have to remove my intake manifold, I have no idea how hard it is to remove the manifold, also anybody got any ideas what other alternatives I have, can I place the new knock sensor on an alternative spot or does it have to go into that same one? Any suggestions, help or hell even words of consolation will be greatly appreciated.... :*( :hurt: :hurt: :zoinks: :throwup: :( :( :dead:

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Or use one of those craftsman bolt out things. I guess you can get a connector from a part out and splice it in.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, see the problem is there isn't enough room in there to stick vise grips, am I going to have to take the intake out? crap that's a lot of work for one G dang bolt....

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
hey jorge!, im going through the same deal with my G...trying to get that bolt out...i feel ur pain...mine is actually starting to strip....ive gave it like three tries(as u can see here) and cant get the damn bolt loose. And this knock sensor is EXTREMELY hidden, with tons of crap in front of it...the only way to get to it is with a wrench...

I think due to the lack of space in there...ur gonna have to take the intake plenum off to clearly get to it, because after u screw it where that knock sensor is, i dont theress enough space to do anything besides getting a wrench in there....

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^yeah, Im going to go back at it today, I have the bolt out tools already but I don't have enough room to use them.... guess off with the intake, hey I get to clean my EGR while Im at it....

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I can't remember if you can get a socket in there. This is a '93? Have you tried a 6 pt 12mm socket? If it's rounded off, you might have to hammer on a 6 pt. You must have rounded it off using a 12 pt. box or socket?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
gomd3 said:
^^^yeah, Im going to go back at it today, I have the bolt out tools already but I don't have enough room to use them.... guess off with the intake, hey I get to clean my EGR while Im at it....
Well that sucks, but @ least you can hook up your EGR w/a lil cleanin...
I like the way you look @ it....
I didn't know 1 bolt could be such a pain...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha, yeah, so taking lunch break. I got the first part of the manifold off... also egr, turns out it was completely clogged, hence my High NO reading on emmision and why I failed it, nice and clean now.... so looking at it, Looks like I gotta take the air intake off, the one with the throtle body, might as well clean this anyway too... hope fully it's only the 3 bolts I see and then a couple of hoses. Now looks like the hoses right after the thermostat are the ones I need to remove so looks like draining the coolant is required... damn one freaking screw...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, so in the good news I got the freaking knock sensor out and the new one put in... Clean the AIVC and the Throttle body looks nice now. One thing though is that theres, a hose that goes under the throttle body that has coolant running through it, it's two hoses, and one of them literally dissintegrated when I pulled the throttle body off. That thing looked like it was going to start leaking any time soon 5/16th hose and now Im set to start rebuilding this thing again. ran out of light so Im going to do it tomorrow. I took some pictures so I might do a write up or a how to remove intake manifold.... a lot of work though...
so wish me luck, I hope I can put everything back together with out having left over hardware... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I worry about those two hoses as they look like they would deteriorate and be a bitch to get to. If you got it apart, best to replace them. I can't remember if they have any special shape- If they do, you might get the right ones from Justin at everythingg20, can't be that expensive.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nah they're just straight hoses, I'll buy them tomorrow from advance auto parts, glad I got the damn sensor out...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yay, so took 2 days but finally the car is back together, runs incredible, cleaned everything along the way so if anybody needs some tips on how to remove the whole intake manifold, throttle body give me a pm.... thanks for the help guys...

·
Registered
973 Posts
I would have crammed a resistor back there, but I am sure you have got me figured out. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts