Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my oil pump died and starved the engine which caused a rod knock and killed it.

So I found a JDM replacement. It’s a 92 and I’m pulling the 93.5 highport out. From what I can gather things should be plug n play since both engines are high port. What I don’t know is if the axle spline count is the same on the JDM trans and I can’t find anything on it here, on nico club, or the sr20 forums. I’m sure it’ll have to do with whether or not the trans has an lsd or not. That’s my best guess. Any info or links would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Splines will be the same, length lsd and non-lsd is going to be different. You will be much better off swapping your trans over if you can in my opinion if you know your trans is in good shape.

Also, the JDM engine will not have an exhaust manifold or intake manifold with an EGR on it. If you're concerned about throwing a CEL, I would recommend picking up a gasket rebuild kit and swapping over the intake manifold and exhaust manifold from your bad motor to the JDM motor. There are bypass options to remove the EGR systems from USDM cars, but didn't want to muck up your thread.

Essentially all (non-roller rocker) SR20DE FWD long blocks are the same. It is when you start getting into different years, and different markets where manifolds, emissions, etc start to change slightly. In most cases, you should be able to swap distributors, manifolds, axle carrier brackets, and it should all work the same.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked into it. Both transmissions have an LSD. In this case I’m going to go with the JDM trans as both it and the engine only have 50k miles on them as opposed to 202k miles. As for the EGR bypass I found a diagram on the SR20 forums and I’m going to take your advice on the gasket rebuild kit and swap the manifold over. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
783 Posts
You can use any passenger side axle, but the bracket must go with the new axle if you choose to mix and match LSD vs non-LSD passenger side axles. THe overall length is the same compressed and un-compressed. The driver's side axle has a different length when comparing LSD vs non-LSD axles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts