Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm not just having an attack of stupid but, watched a YouTube vid and the guy just seemed to squeeze the black plastic harness cover at the pulley end of the engine and the cover just popped off. The cover on mine ('01 G20) is longer and goes up in a curve towards the rear of the engine compartment. The front bolt holding the harness cover was easy to remove but the rear one looks like I'd have to fuss with (re)moving other parts to gain access. In the interest of learning before I break something I thought I'd ask. Easier to remove the valve cover and then the harness retaining bolt or???? Just want to make sure I'm not missing a simple solution as I've occasionally done.

·
Registered
20,793 Posts
I trust a steel bolt more than brittle 20 year old plastic. I'd just unbolt it from the cover.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I trust a steel bolt more than brittle 20 year old plastic. I'd just unbolt it from the cover.
Thanks for the reply! My Plan 'B' was going to be some wiring loom and wire ties. Just thought I'd ask as sometimes I overlook a simpler solution. It seems someone fooled with it before as part of the plastic housing is cracked, I guess I need to realize it's not always possible to keep a 19 year old car original, especially when it comes to plastic subject to engine compartment heat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts