Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i remeber hearing a long time ago there is a shim adjustment for the valve train in the sr20 and since im installing 1991 cams in it i would like to take care of the adjustment . so does anyone know about this and where i can get the stuff to do it ?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
stoneage_tech said:
i remeber hearing a long time ago there is a shim adjustment for the valve train in the sr20 and since im installing 1991 cams in it i would like to take care of the adjustment . so does anyone know about this and where i can get the stuff to do it ?

No adjustment necessary as long as you don't remove the shim and rocker guides from the top of the valves. If you do that you must use a special tool to set up the guides and shims. All you are doing is making sure the rocker sits flat to within a few thousandths.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool

thats good to hear , looks like the cams deal fell thru anyway the guy i wanted to buy them from is selling the set to multipule people at once ...looks like ill be calling jwt soon (any beatter cams out there ?) ..thanks geo !!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: cool

stoneage_tech said:
thats good to hear , looks like the cams deal fell thru anyway the guy i wanted to buy them from is selling the set to multipule people at once ...
Is this happening on this forum and can you provide me with proof (privately)? If this is the case (someone agreeing to sell their parts to multiple people) I will delete all of their ads and will watch for ads by them and delete them as they come.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you got mail

sent ya a message on that whole rip off thing , reply back on the addy i provided thankx dude

1 - 5 of 5 Posts