Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 96 G20t from my grandparents (free cause they bought a _new_ G20), but there's a few issues with it i was wondering about:

-The driver's seat does not recline - while this is not a problem for short trips, the seat is stuck in the absolute upright position, which does not make for a fun 14 hour drive from New York. All the other seat controls (including the passenger side recline) work fine.

-The trunk does not open with the clicker-unlock thing, or the button in the front. You have to use the key.

-The passenger-side window will occasionally break. Actually, I've only been told that this happens, just not to me yet. The dealer said it could be fixed, for only $350..... (more than I've got being a high schooler).

I've heard of similar things happening to Nissans and their Ilk (friend of mine has an Altima where the door opens if you roll your window down too far), but does anyone know how I can fix any of these besides taking it to the dealer/mechanic?

The car has 100k on it (so no more warranty), and I've poked around under the seat, but I can't make sense of the wires, and the fuse box says nothing about the seats.

·
Registered
218 Posts
1) The Seat - unless you can figure out the wiring mess, you're going to have a hell of a time fixing this one. Perhaps the FSM would help on this one. Maybe someone who has the FSM for your car can give you some info on which wire controls the recline function. Either way, you're probably going to have to take the fabric off the seats to get to the wires.

2) Trunk - If the trunk doesn't open from the button OR the remote, you might have a broken release cable.

3) Broken window - Sounds to me like something inside the door panel isn't where it should be and that the glass is hitting this object. Take the door panel off and poke around in there. Maybe you'll see something that's obviously out of place.

Or, you could just glue your window shut. =)

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Sounds like its time to get your hands nice and dirty. Getting a nice car for FREE!! thats the schiznit...do what I did in high school with my first hand me down car (a 81 VW rabbit 4 door desiel engine) start tearing apart the stuff that doesnt work and find out why it is like that. Many trips to junkyards, car scrap yards, and theving small parts from them when I could, kept my meager budget in line...good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check ALL your fuses. The seat and trunk may be routed through a common circuit with something like the interior or room light.

Something is amiss in that door with the breaking window. Perhaps it is winding down too far and resting on the wheel arch part of the door. You need to get the door panel off and check it out.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
your trunk soleniod might need replacing if the trunk wont open with the switch. i have the same problem with my 92, but i have not priced out the part yet. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts