Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I checked the wheelarch heights on my 94G20-auto and found the vehicle is lower than specification on stock suspension.

Front Spec 25.93 (left) 25.93 (right)
Measured 24.7 (left) 24.5 (right)
(inches)

Rear Spec 25.61 (left) 25.61 (right)
Measured 24.9 (left) 24.7 (right)
(inches)

The springs all look OK to me. Bouncing test feels OK as well. Driving experience is acceptable (no comparison). Could shocks/struts alone be the cause? Or both? Do I have to do anything to correct? Thanks in advance.
cxqiu.

·
Registered
430 Posts
well i would guess they are starting too wear out but i think hey it looks better lower anyways as long as it dont sag too much keep it.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
people pay good money to lower their cars so I guess be happy, my springs are saggin so the car sits a little lower, although with this cold weather I could have sworn the car looks taller now :zoinks:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Those measurements are made on a flat, level surface with properly inflated OEM tires. My guess is that you are not taking measurements on a level surface, causing the left side of the vehicle to be higher than the right side.

Different brands of 195/65R14 tires also have slightly different diameters. Compare your tire pressure, size, and brand to OEM tires.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank all of you for sharing. I Know they should be measure on a level surface, with tires properly inflated, gas tank full, and ...

I measured them in my garage so it should be pretty good surface. Just had the tires rotated and balanced. 2 front ones are almost new, 2 rear ones are half worn. Tires are all BF Goodrich 195/65R14. And I guess the measurement error could be as much as 1/8-1/4 inches.

No wonder I always felt my car is kind of low even without lowing it. Anyway, I'll think about getting new shocks/struts while keeping the springs. Any replacement suggestion without lowing it? May be getting GR-2 set and keeping the springs?

Thanks for help. cxqiu

·
Registered
430 Posts
skyjacker... wont lower it but it sure would raise it lol. my springs are so worn out my car sits about 2.5 inches of the ground on stock setup. i like it like that though i am not gonna change it. plus i got 600lbs of alternators under the hood and about 100lbs of billet aluminum to hold those.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4dollarg20 said:
skyjacker... wont lower it but it sure would raise it lol. my springs are so worn out my car sits about 2.5 inches of the ground on stock setup. i like it like that though i am not gonna change it. plus i got 600lbs of alternators under the hood and about 100lbs of billet aluminum to hold those.
Thanks. Checked the skyjacker's web. They don't have list for infiniti. Anyway it would be interesting to see a picture under the hood, which shows how your 4 dollar car can support the 600lbs alternator. Cheers.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SgtDGun said:
well id say that the lowering doesnt have anything to do with the shocks. more likely worn upper mount bushings and sagging springs
I remember that weak spring makes the vehicle low while shocks only absorbs bounce. Well, guess I just wait until something more obvious happens. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts