Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original Thread Here

So a while back I won the lotto for a dash kit. I was pretty excided since I really wanted one, but had no money to buy one. Anyway, about a month ago I got a job that takes up pretty much all of my time, so I had not had any opportunities to install it. Long story short...the kit sucks. The brushed aluminum looks nothing like aluminum. It has a clear rubbery texture. The kit is nothing more than those sheets of vynal with a 3M back, cut out to a shape that is simmular to the dash. I say simmular becasue the pieces did not match the dash exactly. The stuff was cut poorly and so I decided I don't want it.

So I have a brushed aluminum kit for a P10 that someone can have if they want it. Otherwise I'll just ship it back to veneerz.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
These Veenerez people were on the Sentra sites with sum kinda Nissan special--I almost went ahead and got the same brushed aluminum kit---DAMN now IM glad I didnt..... :mad:

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
So your bitching about a kit that you did not even install???

WTF??

Sure it will probably be similar in shape but the dash is not flat. Every kit Ive seen, they say to heat it up to comform to the dash. So the flat cutout will not match because they account for the curvature

In addition, the "rubbery surface" is probably the protective film that most finished metals come with.

Please, someone get this kit from trbobrk and actually take the time to install it, before bitching about it. Photos would be greatly appreciated. Ill be waiting for a real evaluation till then.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Actually sorry....but I am taking these! lol.....because I need to get my emblems too..........plus I live in WA! :alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
20,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yahnozha said:
So your bitching about a kit that you did not even install???
I'm not going to install crap.

Yahnozha said:
Sure it will probably be similar in shape but the dash is not flat. Every kit Ive seen, they say to heat it up to comform to the dash. So the flat cutout will not match because they account for the curvature
I took the pieces out and held them up to the dash. This stuff don't needed to be heated up. It is already is flimsy.

Yahnozha said:
In addition, the "rubbery surface" is probably the protective film that most finished metals come with.
I haven't seen a rubbery surface on metal before. Aluminum is usually anodised. It doesn't make it shinny at all.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
NO NO NO IWANT THEM!!! I Want them!! I want them!!!!!.......I live by you so I can just roll right over and pick them up and besides.....deftapcubus owes me......so i should take them....and look I was the first one to reply to your reply! lol...........no but for real....deftapcubus, I am taking these! YOu should of orderd the lights......but oh well.......:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
20,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have time to settle this. Tizao and deftapcubus will have to come to an agreement. Deftapcubus was first, Tizao lives nearby, meaning he can pick it up = no shipping for me. Okay, you two settle it and let me know.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
trbobrk said:
I don't have time to settle this. Tizao and deftapcubus will have to come to an agreement. Deftapcubus was first, Tizao lives nearby, meaning he can pick it up = no shipping for me. Okay, you two settle it and let me know.
OK sounds good.....I will talk to him!

:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
OK here it is......hottt off the press!

Asianata: Im going to take the dash kit ok!?
deftapcubus: alright go ahead
Asianata: ok well will you make a post saying its ok!?
Asianata: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3156
Asianata: ??/
Asianata: HEllo?
deftapcubus: sorry bout that
deftapcubus: okay
deftapcubus: yeah i will
Asianata: ok i will be waiting! lol
Asianata: I have to get them today
deftapcubus: haha. alright
deftapcubus: this computer is so shitty
deftapcubus: how about you just post my IM saying i dont want them
Asianata: no thats ok
Asianata: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3156
deftapcubus: dammit son
deftapcubus: im sorry but i cant post it right now
deftapcubus: the internet explorer on this computer isnt working right now
Asianata: ahhh.......why you trying to scam me!
deftapcubus: IM TOTALLY SERIOUS
Asianata: ok well I will post this
deftapcubus: alright

OK there it is..........

SO now I can get them!!! YEA!

Hey can you e-mail me your number again? I am comin your way tonight and I would like to pick these up!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
OK I put this in my car....let me tell ya....it looks pretty phaty.......I sure like it........I just wish I had more pieces........it looks a little incomplete.......but I should have pics up soon! :alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yeah where are they!? :) tizao was in such a hurry to get that kit and not let deftapcubus get the kit. Whats up with that T? lol...j/k ..but we really do wanna see pics.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Woah woah woah.....I totally forgot about this thread......yea I am going out and taking pics now........Can someone explain how I can put the pics on this thread??? :alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
And....this is for a P10 not P11 just to let you guys know!:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts