Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im building a computer and am currently deciding on a video card, id like to keep it close to 200, if not cheaper. ANY suggestions would be helpful, im currently looking at THIS
any comments on that are welcome as well, i know there are some computer gurus out there, help me

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
Hmmmmm... if you plan on gaming BF2/CS/FarCry... I suggest spending more than 200 dollars on a video card. If not... then you'll be stuck running your games at 800x600 all at medium settings.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You can probably find an x850xt for about 200.

I have an x850 pro and i can run most of my games maxed out. Mind you they're not brand new games, but stuff like Fable, Guild Wars. But I still run them at 1920x1200

Demon

·
Administrator
5,852 Posts
hiimj0ne said:
Hmmmmm... if you plan on gaming BF2/CS/FarCry... I suggest spending more than 200 dollars on a video card. If not... then you'll be stuck running your games at 800x600 all at medium settings.
I should slap you Jon :p

RabbiGT said:
well i was going with a nvidia card to match my nvidia chipset
Personally this is a good choice because in my experience (which no one might care about ;)) the forceware drivers from nvidia are WAY better/more stable then the catalyst drivers.

Well, let me say first hand that video card, WILL run those games you are wanting to play, matched with a good PC. I currently have that model, on a good pc setup and I play Far Cry at highest settings, BF2 On very high anti aliasing at 8x, and CS like its nothing. Also noted is Quake 4 and Doom 3, all on ultra high anti aliasing at 8x. All at 1280x1024 at 85hrz.

That is a VERY good video card due to its high ram and 256bit memory size.

This video card is also a very good platform for over clocking, I've seen them go to 550 core clock easily with a few upgrades.

Also let me remind you, the video card is only as good as its supporting hardware..

What are your PC specs Rabbit?

- Jon

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
cavern said:
I should slap you Jon :p

Personally this is a good choice because in my experience (which no one might care about ;)) the forceware drivers from nvidia are WAY better/more stable then the catalyst drivers.

Well, let me say first hand that video card, WILL run those games you are wanting to play, matched with a good PC. I currently have that model, on a good pc setup and I play Far Cry at highest settings, BF2 On very high anti aliasing at 8x, and CS like its nothing. Also noted is Quake 4 and Doom 3, all on ultra high anti aliasing at 8x. All at 1280x1024 at 85hrz.

That is a VERY good video card due to its high ram and 256bit memory size.

This video card is also a very good platform for over clocking, I've seen them go to 550 core clock easily with a few upgrades.

Also let me remind you, the video card is only as good as its supporting hardware..

What are your PC specs Rabbit?

- Jon
Okay Jon... you can slap me... but let me know what ur BF2 name is so I can PWN you. :)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
wait.... soon DX10 cards will be comming out, then you will pwn people... and your gonna need DX10 for vista, if you use it. (3D GUI, yeah....crap) so wait. buy a card that will support DX10. unless you need to use your pc in the next 6-12 months. lol

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
LuciferBlkG20 said:
wait.... soon DX10 cards will be comming out, then you will pwn people... and your gonna need DX10 for vista, if you use it. (3D GUI, yeah....crap) so wait. buy a card that will support DX10. unless you need to use your pc in the next 6-12 months. lol
i agree with that, however if you do need it now then that isn't viable. this is why i am holding off on any upgrades on my current rig: still running AGP with a ATI AIW9800 Pro

my future rig a AMD 4x4 platform and an ATI Dual core DX10 compatible card (then jumping that up to two dual cor cpus and vid cards) :naughty:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts