Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a video of a stock P11's tachometer and speedometer in the same view? lol..it might be weird, but I just had my clutch replaced about 800-900 miles ago and want to make sure it's not slipping already. The car still seems to grab fine and I can finally peel out in 1st gear! Which I couldn't before..but I noticed that when I gun it in 1st and partial of 2nd gear that my RPM's seem to rise quicker than the speed..but shouldn't both needels rise about the same? I noticed that it seems to do this until 3rd gear and in 3rd and up if I am still flooring it, the RPM's seem in sync with my speedometer...does it only do that in 1st and 2nd because of the gear ratios?

EDIT: I got on the clutch a little at around 500-600 miles..but not too often..and not really from a hard launch...I think my clutch should have been broken in by then..the clutch pedal seems to grab further up too and not so close to the ground as it did when I had it installed. This is also an indication that it has been broken in, right? Clutch is a Keyvalue clutch kit.

Thanks guys!!

·
G20 OG
6,684 Posts
no both dont move at the same speed... to test out if your clutch is worn out you would need to put the car in fifth gear and be driving at around25-30 mph... then gun it.. if you notice the rpm jumps up a lot and the speed doesnt move as fast then you know there is a problem.. it is very noticeable, not like a small difference

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I did that in a parking lot yesterday and the car just bogged lol..so I think I'm good..yeah, the rpm's only rise quickly in 1st and 2nd I just thought something was weird since I haven't gunned it since before I replaced my clutch I guess I forgot what it felt and looked like..lol..car is starting to feel slower though...;(..time for that WAI ;) hehe..

·
Registered
313 Posts
Then unless you've a cvt box, I'd say your clutch is slipping...

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
If they rose at the same rate then you'd be able to go about 110mph in 1st gear :zoinks:
It's the gear reduction at work :)

On mine a rise of 1000 rpms gives a rise of...
5.463 mph in 1st gear
9.165 mph in 2nd gear
13.865 mph in 3rd gear
18.052 mph in 4th gear
22.136 mph in 5th gear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts