Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to tighten the visors on a P10? One of mine is loose. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Visor problem

I have the same problem. I took the visor apart and found that a tny part of the (flat) tension spring had broken. I do not know if this means a complete visor replacement or, if the spring can be obtained separately.

You may have more look checking this than me – I cannot even get the recommended spark plugs here in Mexico! Please let me know if you have any luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same problem here, my driver's side visor is sagging like 1 inch and it falls down a lot when I hit bumps. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm having this problem as well; driver's side visor swings down on its own when I hit bumps or potholes.

If I find a part-number and in-stock somewhere, I'll post it up here.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Bringing this back from the grave.....this is the most annoying thing in my P10....I found that the plastic piece into which the visor clips into is really wide now, so I have to shove paper in there to put more friction, but it eventually falls again.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I can't for the life of me figure out how I got subbed to this. But yeah, my ol' G had the droop too. My Max didn't and my Alty doesn't.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I took mine apart. There's a tough little clip that SQUEEEEEZES the shaft which has a flat in it. That shaft is plastic over metal. That plastic wears out and grooves and the flat goes away, so there's no longer a detent.

I tried filling and shaping that groove in with JB weld, but it's too soft and it gouges up pretty quickly. I'm wondering if I make a nice strong metal replacement if I could sell a bunch? :^)

Sure sounds like it... My passenger visor is nice and snappy, but the driver one is now out...

Nothing like the visor dropping in your face at 100+ mph diving into a braking zone at the track to get your blood pumping!

_SHig

1 - 15 of 15 Posts