Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I purchased this tv about three months ago, and it is a wonderful television (right at around $800 at Wal-mart). It has a super clear picture, that I have trouble differentiating from my friends $3000 Bravia. Simply go see for yourself, it is a beautiful picture (even very descent on the SD). The only question that kept rattling through my head was, "what about the service?".

A slight "buzz" sound emitted from the top of the tv, it wasn't horrible, but was enough to make me complain. I called their customer service line, spent 15 minutes on the phone describing the problem, and they set me up for a service call. The guy showed 5 days later with basically a whole new tv insides (new motherboard and power supply), he was a great technician. Being a freelance contractor, I asked him about other repairs on the Vizio tvs, and he said that out of the hundreds of lcds he sees a week, he sees maybe 5 vizios. He swears by them..(I have dealt with Dell, Sony, Pioneer, and many others, and 15 minutes is the typical wait time before you argue with the tech)

I was surprised to find that Vizio is a US company that runs out of California. I am not surprised to find that the company has virtually exploded since it came on the scene. It is a super bang for the buck.

Now, I know that it is a cheaper tv, but the combination of the wonderful picture, the descent sound quality, and the Absolutely amazing customer service, I have to give this unit a solid 8 out of 10.

·
shenanigans
2,002 Posts
they are awesome tvs.. my buddy has had his for about a year now, and I just got ime a couple months ago.. Have not had a single problem..

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im using mine as a monitor...37" of love :) on it right now...I dont even really use the TV funcion of the device..it has rgb and hdmi

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
I would consider getting like a protection plan for the TV. It might look good but for the price chances are something will happen to the product…

1 - 5 of 5 Posts