Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my friend calls me up n is like. eh, im selling my evo. hes like if u have any friends that want one lemme know. so i hit him back up n tell him i want it and he says since its gonna go to me he'd sell it to me for $23,000. So pretty much i wanna jump on this deal. He's selling it because he is now engaged and is going to get married, along with going to nursing school which will also take up a bunch of money. Its a 06 WHITE EVO MR. shit is soooo sick. he's got just a bov and catback on it but damn for $23 flat?? i cannot pass this up. i need to get this. its got 11k miles on it. nothing wrong with it except someone stole the MR badges off the back.

moms just bought her new car today and i get her 97 318i. so im planning on selling the BMW, selling the G20, selling my dirtbike and working alittle more. i really hope i can get it this time because ive been told i can get something before but they had a certain tone to were i knew they were just puting it off. now they said talk to my boss about more hours and get all the info from my friend.

GOD, please let me have this car:cheeky:

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
dude! first off how old are ya?....19?? ur insur is going to kill ya (unless ur under moms plan), 2nd, i dont know if u know this buut a evo mr isnt just a car......its a really really fast car that u will probally wind up huurting urself (godforbid) or loosing out on 23 stacks... another thing EVOs are a constant upkeep car, 2 of my buuddys have them (1 really modified, the other ones got bolt ons & some other shit) buut they both say sometimes they wish they didnt have them.........also cops ALWAYS pulling over evos from what i here............

since ur young i dont suggest youu buy this car, (unless u different then everyone else that sstill in thier teens) , only because, i dare not say it buut for the lack of maturity :rant: :bandit: ....because u will be driving with ur frineds (like we all due) :) & then wanting to show off a bit (like we all do) :naughty: , & then all of a sudden that nice KOOL car :teeth: that handels so nice :D , runs out from under neath ya :shock: , takes u for the ride of ur life :eek: :aaah: & then bites u in the ASS!! :aaah: :aaah: :aaah: :aaah:..........

....im sorry but i had to vent, i know to many people who have bought evos & then got on them a bit thinking they knew how to drive & wanted to be cool like the fast & furious & pull the e-brke around corners.....& then bang out & fuck shit up (mainly my old CBR-r, that was parked ON THE PAYVMENT!) .... god dam i hate stupid drivers/people!!! :rant:

ps ^^^^ that coment has nothing to do with you (longbeach) :smile:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
enohand said:
dude! first off how old are ya?....19?? ur insur is going to kill ya (unless ur under moms plan), 2nd, i dont know if u know this buut a evo mr isnt just a car......its a really really fast car that u will probally wind up huurting urself (godforbid) or loosing out on 23 stacks... another thing EVOs are a constant upkeep car, 2 of my buuddys have them (1 really modified, the other ones got bolt ons & some other shit) buut they both say sometimes they wish they didnt have them.........also u will be gettign alot of attention here in philly if ya ever swing buy this way...cops ALWAYS pull over evos around here (ITS BULSHIT!)
true, but if you see his other post hes surrounded by these cars everyday. i'm sure he has a better understanding of them than the average consumer and his friends should be able to help him work on it as well

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i feel u on that enohand.

im not saying im like an outstanding driver or anything like that but i think im a pretty good driver when it comes to handling and controling a car and also being smart about certain situations.yeah im 19 and my insurance is gonna be kinda high. my cousin bought his a couple months back and his was 350 a month and he's 20. i think he might have 1 accident under his belt. but ive got a clean record, id be going under my moms name and she said she would pay for it. right now we have a 06 325i, 97 318i, and the 93 G20 all on her insurance. we'd be selling both the 97 and the 93.

i've drivin my friend's sti in my other post, my cousin's evo 8, and this evo 9. to my the 8 and the 9 didnt feel that much different. to me the mivec didnt really have a noticeable difference to me. but im very cautious when it comes to driving the evos. im not used to the power because i dont daily drive it. i know the power it has and what it is capable of but im not gonna just do what u were explaining in a car that im not driving day in and day out.

yeah i like to mess around and stuff like that but i do it to where i know it wont be a problem. 1 my cousin is fucking crazy and goes down his street and pulls a 360 in his evo in like a small coaltisack. or whatever. that shit is crazy and i would never do that. ahhaa.

but thanks for the input and opinions and if anyone wants to help me more on this subject or wants to inform me go right ahead because i dont things in a negative way.

BTW my friend whos got those evo's and sti's makes me mad haha.
so i find out tonite he offered my friend (who i introduced him to) $20,000 and a 280z.
but my friend is already losing 8grand from this deal and says hes not interested in a 280z because he knows he'd never fix it up or anything.

·
Farting this very moment
2,225 Posts
23 grand for an 06 mr with 11k is a good deal. The insurance would be the biggest deal to me, but i guess you have that covered. Evos are some of the most expensive cars to insure, if not the most.

I know it sounds like a good deal, but you are 19, do you really want to put yourself in that much debt already? I did the same kind of thinking when I was your age but decided the debt wasn't worth it, and from there what are you gonna have to look forward to? Don't spoil yourself too much when you're young.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
for $23K you could do alot of stuff. build a fast car, start college.... but you wreck the car or ruin your driving record with tickets and you can kiss $23k + another $5k in fines and crap. and then what do you have?
Buy a cheap car, hook it up and keep it, then save your money for school, dating, gas, and the future.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GDub95 said:
I know it sounds like a good deal, but you are 19, do you really want to put yourself in that much debt already? I did the same kind of thinking when I was your age but decided the debt wasn't worth it, and from there what are you gonna have to look forward to? Don't spoil yourself too much when you're young.
true on that. but the thing is that my mom is paying for the insurance and another family member is signing for me and im gonna co-sign and im gonna give them the payments. plus they're helping me out on the payment too. my cousin is 20. and is pay $350 a month on $19,000 loan or $20,000. ima be paying around the same because im gonna give the bank a couple grand so my monthly will go lower. he bought his and it was like 24,000. and gave our credit union the difference. he drives from Downey to Santa Monica and back everyday and has to fill up twice every week. i wont be driving as much because my school is closer to me and my work is just 2 exits down the freeway from me.

i know this will be something that i can't dick around with because im gonna need my payments. i don't wanna be in debt and have bad credit.

and idk what i'd look forward to in the future for a future car. as i get older and im starting to be more interested in BMW's and newer Infiniti's I'm gonna stay around that. After my evo i'll just get some kind of sedan thats nice.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
That's a nice car, but if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't.
I bought myself a Civic at your age and all I found was trouble.
Everything I did, hanging out, and just getting gas, it always got
me into trouble. 4 tickets on average a year isn't fun, especially
when you don't have a career yet. Ever since I got the G, nothing
but luck. I hope I don't jinx myself for saying this because my
inspection is over due by 6 months. But almost every cop has let me
go from speeding, to running yellow lights.

·
Registered
59 Posts
For 23k you could buy a nice used Subaru WRX, upgrade the turbo, and u'll be smokin' evo's all day long. And on top of that, u'll have a couple grand left over to play with.
Just my 2cents

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JustAnotherG20 said:
Random question about insurance:

If he keeps the G, and registers the Evo as a pleasure car (non-DD) would it actually end up cheaper?
I'm under my moms insurance right now.
All the cars go under her name for the insurance and im the "secondary driver" or whatever.

we had the G and 97 Bmw. the G is only covered if i hit someone... the car isnt fully covered. and the bmw is fully covered.
she changed the bmw to how the G20 is. and just bought a 06 BMW 3series. and its only $15 a month more than before.

what we'd be doing is having the Evo under her name for insurance. and i'd be the secondary driver. and sell the G20 and the 97 BMW

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
you could have the Evo as a recreational car,
my friend pays 60 a month full coverage on his MR2.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what do you mean? just have my mom have her primary car the BMW and have her put the Evo as her weekend car with full coverage? and can you only put a certain amount of miles on the car if its considered just her "weekend car"?

and what do you mean by recreational car?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts