Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have My made up and welded to match my stillen CAI.
un painted WAI
I made it out of 3" tundown exhaust and some pipe I found around my shop.
tundown pipe
I had it all welded and I painted it with High temp black so it will match my stillen CAI
STILLEN CAI ( extends from MAF)

NOW MY QUESTION????
I need 2 blue silicone recucers to reduce from 3" to 2.5".
I found one place that want $85 and another that wants $9.95 each but they also want $8.99 each to ship. I tried to call them but they don't have a phone # and that scares me to begin with.
where can I get the reducers. Anyone help.

more pics soon.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hey! If your a DIY'er, and don't care what color the reducers are, you should already know where to go. Come on. Think about it. Where would you go if you were a DIY'er? You probably live down the street from one.

Hints:

PVC...

...duct tape...

...wood...

...tools...

...toilets...

...screws, nuts, and bolts...

...mulch...

...lawnmowers...

...Give up?

Home Depot, Lowes, Builders Square (If their still in business), etc.

They carry black rubber reducers that are the same if not better quality than those for PVC plumbing jobs. Probably pick them up for a few bucks and be done with it. Since you painted the pipe black, the black couplers would probably look pretty damn good.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to match the ones from the stillen CAI (blue) but I'm having an imposible time finding them for a reasonable price. some one quoted me $85 for two. I may pick them up from Home depot and try to find them later.
painted and welded MID PIPE

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
that's looking great. don't forget to post pics when you get it installed!!

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
http://www.hosetechniques.com/

Go there, great hoses...they have silicone reducers, I dont know if they have them in blue tho....thats where I got mine...plus the clamps are pretty trick if you want to pony up the $$$

I forgot....BAD ASS work man...I can truly appreciate the craftsmanship on that one...

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I'll try it. if not i'll change the stillen one to a homedepot one and they will all be black.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have them for $6 total w/ shipping is $19.98.
thanks again Yahnozha you always seem to help.
I'll be ordering tommorro
pics of final install probably next week

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Ericdd said:
They have them for $6 total w/ shipping is $19.98.
thanks again Yahnozha you always seem to help.
I'll be ordering tommorro pics of final install probably next week
Good deal, I cant wait to see the pics...glad I could hlep

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well they only had one blue reducer in stock. for a while. so I'm gonna go to home depot this weekend and get black plumbing reducers and another one to replace the stillen one. probably will be cheaper anyway.

I ordered a MAF from online for $55 shipped from a 99 sentra 2.0 and I'm gonna home bore and paint it. so i'll prob wait for that. maybe, I'm already tired of waiting this long.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I didn't like the reducers that home peot had so I ordered them online form www.hosetechniques.com In black. I should get them this week. I'll start a write up soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts