Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning you lovely people :)

Being a Youngster and needing my car for work, noone would insure me on a Primera P11 GT so I have had to opt for a 1.6 boring one instead!! I've managed to track down a GT front bumper which I'm sending away for a custom job on but I have had no luck at all trying to track down some side skirts, a GT front Grill or a rear bumper. I guess this is mainly for you UK owners but if anyone knows where I can get any of these bits second hand or if anyone has any lying about please let me know and I will be forever in your dept :). My 17" Rims are arrving in a couple of weeks so I am desperate to get things moving. oh, and all being well my baby will be having a GTI-R engine dropped in next year when the nasty insurance people will finally insure me on something reasonable :).. I'm also after a Touring Car look Rear spoiler if anyone knows where I can get one... Failing that a GT one will do.... My P11 is a 5 Door Hatchback incase you were wondering. Many Thanks Guys. oooooh.. While I remember... does anyone know where to get the headlight "eyebrow" things also.

[email protected]
Kev

P.S Dont you think someone should design some completely clear rear lights.... they would look amazing!!!.

·
Registered
311 Posts
As long as you are fully aware that the insurance will cripple anyone that's not an overpaid IT freak if you're putting the GTiR engine in. BTW thats a serious power hike that I doubt your clutch 'box etc will take and you'll definately need a brake upgrade (I hope you've not got discs on the back) before you put the engine in. Kevin Shek, www.p11-gt.co.uk has got one of best uk primeras (my opinion) on the web, he's also older than you. His insurance wasn't far off 1k before the turbo work. You sure you can afford this stuff????

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey,

Yeah, I've been thinking a lot about this upgrade thing. My insurance now is about £750 a year. I'll be 23 when I get it done hopefully so I'm praying that it wont be extorsionate.... but it probably will be.

Yeah,

The GTIR Mod.

I figure I'm gonna need uprated Discs on the front, Discs fitting to the rear in place of the drums. I've spoken to some people about it and I'm definately gonna need a New Clutch and Gearbox.. Its gonna be real xpensive I imagine but I'll have to weigh up the pros and cons when I get around to pricing it. You mentioned That other UK primera, I agree, its certainly one of the best I have seen, He has put a serious amount of work into all the custom mods and stuff, Unfortunately I'm not very technical when it comes to cars so I'm going to have to pay the price...

I'f anyone has any thoughts on the matter I'd be very greatful to hear them... Cheers

Kev

·
Registered
311 Posts
trbobrk said:

1000.00 GBP = 1,435.72 USD

How often are you making this payment?
Once a year, but if we have to make a claim we pay an excess around £350 as well. Bastards huh?

·
Registered
354 Posts
ur complaining about 1,500 a year...
i'm paying $3,500 a year for my 2002 g20!!!!!!!
= (

·
Registered
586 Posts
Myinfinitig20 said:
ur complaining about 1,500 a year...
i'm paying $3,500 a year for my 2002 g20!!!!!!!
= (
Damn $3500... :confused: thats a chunk of change. I think I pay less than a thou a year. =)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
trbobrk said:

1000.00 GBP = 1,435.72 USD

How often are you making this payment?
Just the once a year, which is enough dont you think?

Thanks for the compliment Xeno, im honoured. Still more to come though.

BTW any UK guys interested in buying my twin JL's?? i know this aint the right section, but didnt want to get all the US guys hopes up, UK sale only. Too heavy to ship.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
kfairburn said:
The GTIR Mod.

I figure I'm gonna need uprated Discs on the front, Discs fitting to the rear in place of the drums. I've spoken to some people about it and I'm definately gonna need a New Clutch and Gearbox.. Its gonna be real xpensive I imagine but I'll have to weigh up the pros and cons when I get around to pricing it. You mentioned That other UK primera, I agree, its certainly one of the best I have seen, He has put a serious amount of work into all the custom mods and stuff, Unfortunately I'm not very technical when it comes to cars so I'm going to have to pay the price...

Kev

Brakes, definately Yes, im still looking into it, maybe Tarox discs and Ferodo pads for the front, maybe the Brembo kit group buy. Braking is front bias, so maybe no need for rear just at the mo.

Your standard clutch wont take much, a GT can upto around 200 BHP but if youre using a GTiR engine, the std GTiR clutch will do.

Gearbox, youre gonna need a GT gearbox to bolt on to, GTiR is AWD plus its got a transfer box which aint needed. GT gearbox good for around 200 BHP also, but may require 'shot peened and cryo treated' for that bit extra if youre gonna tune the GTiR engine further.

AND...... Insurance, you should know by now that theres no point in lying about it, if you get caught, it means severe penalties, points, fines, maybe imprisonment, for no insurance. Always tell your insurance, or it maybe the last time you'll be driving a nice car.

·
Registered
311 Posts
while you're here....

Thanks for the compliment Xeno, im honoured. Still more to come though.
no prob.

While I've got your attention, where did you get the dash kit from, or was it all done with styling film?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ok, guessed it might have been something like that. What i Don't get is that on my P11 (S-plate) the gaiter surrond and ashtray lid is not just alu coloured but is cold enought to be aluminium, yet the rest of the dash is black. Huh!!!??!?!??!?!
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
P11GT said:
Just the once a year, which is enough dont you think?
Well he said your payment was £1000. I pay every month so I was shocked it was that high. I guess it really isn't if that is the yearly amount. Mine comes out a little more than you. But I have full coverage and low deductibles and I'm 18 white male so they really like to screw me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mate,

I'm paying £600 for a 1995 Primera SRi 1600cc with 85,000 on the clock. That's with AXA.
Phone them if you can find a number or log onto www.axamotor.co.uk for a quick quote.
By the way, i'm only 22

1 - 15 of 15 Posts