Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm wantin to get HIDs for the headlights and I'm also looking to replace just about every bulb in the car with LEDs. I was wanting your imput on what you all think is the best HIDs and LEDs for the price. Thanks in Advance.

G20 Driver.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyone know if changing my turn signals to LEDs will cause to me to have to buy an electronic flasher? if so what one fits the G?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really, so do they make aftermarket headlights for the G to solve this problem? all i'm really wanting HID's for is so i can have the cool blue tinted headlights...

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Honestly, an HID setup is upwards of $200, and often twice that. It's a silly thing to do just for the blue color. Just get some ricer 9004 bulbs and you will have the blue color. You could even just keep the 9004s as Silverstars and put blue bulbs in for the 194 wedge bulbs in the parking light -- the parking lights are on when the headlights are so you would get your desired blue color without any loss in light output.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rmyc said:
dont put hid's in the stock g20 head ligght.. it glares alot .. super .. cops will ticket you or impound your car
yea these damn NY cops are picky about EVERYTHING i better just follow your advice.

fultonhow, will changing those little park bulbs really give me the blue affect i'm wanting. say i'm on the interstate, the oncoming traffic is going to see my lights as bluish instead of yellowish? i guess i will also have to get some silverstars.

·
Registered
329 Posts
thefultonhow said:
Honestly, an HID setup is upwards of $200, and often twice that. It's a silly thing to do just for the blue color. Just get some ricer 9004 bulbs and you will have the blue color. You could even just keep the 9004s as Silverstars and put blue bulbs in for the 194 wedge bulbs in the parking light -- the parking lights are on when the headlights are so you would get your desired blue color without any loss in light output.
that's what I have. EuroDezigns 8500K ricer bulbs + Eurolite Ultrablue 194s... Gives the blue look! And I only spent about $30 on the whole setup! The EuroDezigns Xenon/Krypton are actually brighter than the regular Philips bulbs that I had in there before..

·
Registered
329 Posts
G20 Driver said:
yea these damn NY cops are picky about EVERYTHING i better just follow your advice.

fultonhow, will changing those little park bulbs really give me the blue affect i'm wanting. say i'm on the interstate, the oncoming traffic is going to see my lights as bluish instead of yellowish? i guess i will also have to get some silverstars.
Silverstars should work best supposedly.. Anyways have a look at my lighting setup>>

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mrzuzzo said:
Silverstars should work best supposedly.. Anyways have a look at my lighting setup>>

your lighting setup looks pretty sweet. whered you pick the bulbs up? i'll post pics when i get mine. i also have "reverse glow" gauges coming for my G, i'll post pics of them too.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
mrzuzzo said:
The EuroDezigns Xenon/Krypton are actually brighter than the regular Philips bulbs that I had in there before..
Sorry, I don't believe that. To get a blue look from a halogen bulb, you need to block out the red/yellow side of the spectrum, which means you are removing some of the light the bulb is creating and so you're going to have a dimmer beam. Not only that, but 8500k isn't even the optimal color temperature for HIDs -- they work best around 4200k. Silverstars are going to be the least yellow you can get without blocking out parts of the spectrum, and they still only emit the same amount of light as OEM bulbs.

·
Registered
329 Posts
rmyc said:
you will be unhappy with silverstars if you want color.... luminic ultra white ( dont get pure blue) or luminics titanium .. are the best bulbs for color
^^+1 to what he said. Don't get Silverstars if you want more color than visibility..

My lights (194 bulbs) are "Eurolite" ultra-bright blue LED. I got them at my local auto part store. "Canadian Tire" in Canada...

Eurolite is fairly popular so they should be everywhere in US as well. Just call and ask. They cost me $8.. =)

The foglight bulbs are not HID like some people think, they are similar to Silverstars... that's why you see that pure white output..

·
Registered
329 Posts
thefultonhow said:
Sorry, I don't believe that. To get a blue look from a halogen bulb, you need to block out the red/yellow side of the spectrum, which means you are removing some of the light the bulb is creating and so you're going to have a dimmer beam. Not only that, but 8500k isn't even the optimal color temperature for HIDs -- they work best around 4200k. Silverstars are going to be the least yellow you can get without blocking out parts of the spectrum, and they still only emit the same amount of light as OEM bulbs.
They aren't real HIDs, they are ghetto ass chinese bulbs that say "8500K" on them. They are very, very slightly bluish colored. It's a lot more white than it is blue. Defenitely not the same color as real 8500K HIDs. I thought that it would be worse than OEM, but it's actually a bit better. Visibility has improved marginally. Most of my blue light comes from the Eurolite 194s

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
If they are even slightly bluish colored, then they're not the actual color temperature that halogen is (scientifically, it produces a set color temp), and thus to get there they had to filter part of the spectrum out. Filtering out part of the spectrum means less total light output. That's just the way light scientifically works.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
No question, but I'm pretty sure it's just the placebo effect. It's like when you drill holes in your stock airbox and the butt dyno says you have gained a couple whp, but then you take it the the real dyno and there is no change in power output.

Anyway, I think G20 Driver has a good idea of how color temp affects light output now... the bluer the bulbs, the less light you're going to have. That's why I am sticking with either stock bulbs or Silverstars.

·
Registered
329 Posts
thefultonhow said:
Anyway, I think G20 Driver has a good idea of how color temp affects light output now... the bluer the bulbs, the less light you're going to have. That's why I am sticking with either stock bulbs or Silverstars.
Yup, that is a fact. And it holds for true HID setups as well =(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts