Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Did you put it side-by-side with your old one to see if it matches up or not? Did you re-confirm the part number you got is correct?

Anyway, I shipped back the 'newly rebuilt' defective passenger side LSD axle for the p10 on Tuesday (they should be receiving it today). I'll report back on what they tell me, if anything once they have a chance to review the issues with the shaft being too small for the axle seal!

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here is the response I got from Cardone after sending them back the newly rebuilt cardone axle that had the shaft too small (had 3 different brand axle seals leaking before realizing it was the axle itself that was the problem):

"

Hi Chris-
After inspection, it appears that the unit you received was boxed incorrectly.
We have double-checked our remaining in-stock inventory to ensure no other units were boxed incorrectly as well.
Thank you for your assistance on getting this matter resolved.

Cory Lippert"

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
yes, I asked if I'm going to get the correct axle (as of right now it seems NOT) but I'm still not exactly ready to jump back to cardone axles after these problems (along with others like you Dane are reporting)

Every time we tried a different axle seal, we had to spend more money and time on the seal itself and MT90 Redline. NO THANKS!

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Well duh, Cardone ANYTHING is garbage. I refuse to put Cardone crap on any customer car. Wanna know something? A customer brought in his own Cardone water pump once and I was like "i really wouldnt recommend installing that" and he was like "my friend at Kragen got me the hookup on it, i wanna use it." so I say "ok, no guarantees on it". We install it and know what happens later that night, the FREEZE PLUG in the end of the pump shoots out so he gets to pay for the installation of a new pump all over again. GO CARDONE!

Yeah EMPI is good. I remember some threads awhile back where I talked smack about EMPI, that was my bad, I was confusing EMPI with ARI.... too many anagrams, yeah ARI was pure junk as well, EMPI, good stuff tho

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
Thank You CHRIS

This is the ebay seller we have bought from and an EMPI axle showed up (The correct one)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390166807076&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

ebay seller = rwiamerica

..and here I found a current auction (passenger side so you have to search for driver side on your own)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Drive-Axle-Infiniti-G20-1993-93-1994-94-1995-95-1996-96-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad8871b7dQQitemZ390179789693QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

...driver side is $61 for LSD and also EMPI showed up for us:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310205285475&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Just to sum it up, the ebay seller is awesome: http://stores.ebay.com/RWIAMERICA

I ordered a brand new LSD passenger + driver axle for $174.88 shipped. Can't beat that! :teeth:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kudos to Rock Auto standing behind bad Cardone axle

Put in rebuilt Cardone axles last summer. Driver's side went bad a few weeks ago. Contacted Rock Auto. Ordered another one and they are giving me credit for the replacement axle and shipping. Hope it lasts more than a year but appreciate Rock Auto for making good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know if the issues with Cardone's axles have been resolved?

I just installed rebuilt Cardone driver (60-6220) and passenger (60-6221) side axles last week. Needless to say, I was unaware of the issues you all have described in this thread until today.

Who here has installed rebuilt Cardone axles since the creation of this thread, and what experience have you had?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Personally I woudn't buy ANY "A-1 Cardone" parts. Every single one I have used has had an issue of one kind or another.

·
Registered
209 Posts
anybody have trouble sourcing a LSD-AT passenger side axle? tried all the brands (except nissan oem) and they're all too short

is it like dane said you have to go through 5 to get the right one?

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Isn't the LSD Passenger Auto the same as Manual? ...or are they different?? Did you try EMPI? If all else fails, you can always just get a non-lsd carrier and non-lsd passenger side axle instead.

·
Registered
209 Posts
the AT pass axle is 37 5/8 is the manual trans w/lsd the same length?

yes tried empi

could you clarify the last suggestion?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts