Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know if the issues with Cardone's axles have been resolved?

I just installed rebuilt Cardone driver (60-6220) and passenger (60-6221) side axles last week. Needless to say, I was unaware of the issues you all have described in this thread until today.

Who here has installed rebuilt Cardone axles since the creation of this thread, and what experience have you had?
Just to give an update, my passenger side axle needs is now clacking when I make left turns. For those considering Cardone, I don't recommend it.

For those of you with EMPI, how have they held up?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Anything aftermarket is either a new (not-of-OEM) quality or a reman.... I've changed axles in my Civic's and G20 plenty of times and they are ALL crap, especially when lowered. The boots rip fast or they vibrate/shake on acceleration. EMPI's were the best I've used but they still had issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old thread but the problem is the axle seal and bearing diameter is different between the touring and the base models. This applies to reman and new axle shafts and unfortunately I've never seen a listing for any G20 Sport Axles.

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
EMPI Axles are gone (no longer in business) and now we have a Surtrak NI-8123 *LSD Driver side Manual on our 95 P10 for over a year now and still doing the job for our racing application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am surprised anyone is still rebuilding anything but the most expensive axles (or any other rebuildable part) anymore. I would think there would be little demand for the rebuilt when new are almost the same price and come with a better warranty. The whole purpose of using rebuilt is to save money when the new parts are priced beyond your budget. If new ones are still available, and the difference is only a few dollars, then there is not much point to rebuilding them anymore.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Advance auto axles. So i heard a squeak thinking check the brakes. Well on the cv , the cotter pin from the ball joint was rubbing about a 1/3 the way around. Could see the scratch mark. These were not the gsp. The gsp lasted about 3 months until the bearing joints wore out. So another thing to check if you buy these because they are out of round on the joint case. They were supposed to be new. And like Chris said the passenger side on the diff seal leaks. FML

41 - 51 of 51 Posts