Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think some of my warning guages aren't working on my P10. The only light I ever see come on is the one that indicates my seat belt isn't buckled... I've driven with the car basically on "E" and the gas warning doesn't come on, I thought the G20 just didn't have one till I read it somewhere on here and now I have no windshield wiper fluid and there is no light coming on.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? and How can I fix those lights? I really want to know, I don't want my check engine light or low oil light not functional.... Thanks in advance.

and yes I searched before posting. ;)

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've also driven my car on E but when I go to fill up I still have 15 litres to go! So I think you have to go way past the E to get the light to come on. I also don't know if mine even work, never gone down that far before.

I haven't heard about any low washer fluid light before.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
my P11 has a Windshield Washer fluid warning level .i dont know about your P10 though.
as for taking care of the problem...id check to see if your bulbs are shot. just pull your Gauge Cluster and take a look at the bulbs.
when i bought my P11 the vacume lines were all messed up and i wasnt getting a CEL. then when i unplugged my AT relay and didnt get a CEL i got suspicious...so i pulled the gauge cluster and found that the previous owner had removed the CEL light (the socket was completely empty). moral of the story...go and check to make sure all your bulbs are in place

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
When you turn you ignition switch to the on position (just before the starter motor engagement position) all of the warning lights should come on as a self test of the bulbs. If they are not coming on, check your fuses first.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
jjacob said:
When you turn you ignition switch to the on position (just before the starter motor engagement position) all of the warning lights should come on as a self test of the bulbs. If they are not coming on, check your fuses first.
I would check this out first. Turn your key to just before cranking and all the lights should come on. Also, there should be a low windshield washer fluid indicator.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Just looked at my owners manual and you are right Mark, only the "important" lights come on as a self check. Should be easy enough to check the other lights by just jumping the sensor at the washer bottle, etc., rather than taking out the gauge cluster. I have noticed that my low washer fluid light does not come on until the bottle is almost empty.

·
Registered
866 Posts
jjacob said:
I have noticed that my low washer fluid light does not come on until the bottle is almost empty.
um? thats wat its spose to do?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
What I meant is that it doesn't come on when the fluid is just low (preferred), but rather when it is just about out of fluid.

·
Registered
866 Posts
cant u just adjust the height of the sensor in the bottle? if thats how it is on nissans, not really looked into it, i have a simlar problem with my petrol gauge, my yellow light only goes on wen its bellow the red marker, and then it says i have 20miles left,

but those miles count down like there in seconds, so as soon as my light comes on if i dnt make it to a station within 5mins im walking home!

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
my fuel light comes on, and i go straight to a gas station. fill up only about 12gallons and someone said we have some kind of reserve i just dont know if its a 3gallon (!) reserve. if so..i'll take it on E for a little longer :wink:

as for the low winshield fluid sensor/light, there was no fluid in the car when i bought it, and there was no light so i guess i'll have to check mine ( i've filled it up last week). is the sensor just chillin towards the bottom of the tank?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll have to see which lights come on during the self check. I know I'm completely out of windshield wiper fluid for sure and the light doesn't come on and I can't imagine my gas having to be "past" E for the warning light to come on, in my Integra it would come on before it reached E.

Thanks for the insight everyone, I'll post what the problem is when I find out.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
The petrol light comes on pretty low. It'll come on earlier going down hills...

The washer fluid looks like it's a float in the bottom of the tank. I've removed the pumps from my tank and can see it sticking up...

·
Registered
526 Posts
I would check the bulbs in the cluster I found two while changing my tach today were burnt out! The ABS and OD off bulbs were burnt out, taking out the cluster shouldn't take you longer than an hour to do either, oh and the self check lights are:

OIL
ABS (for one second)
CEL
BRAKE
BATTERY
AIRBAG
SEAT BELT

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I did the selfcheck thing and almost the whole right side lit up but not the left.

I'm gonna check the bulbs... Also, wheres the fuse for the guage lights?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I dont know where the fuses are... mabye someone else will chime in on that one, but the one on the left that isnt lighting up is your oil light

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Your owners manual will tell you exactly which bulbs light up in the self test that occurs when you turn the ignition to ON. As Mark stated earlier, not all bulbs are tested, only the "important" ones (like ABS, Oil press., etc.)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Picky, picky, picky. Well the oil pressure light ends up getting tested because there is no oil pressure! But you are right, technically it is not part of the self test circuit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts