Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The place which was doing these group buys "All Rev'd Up" aka "cheapspeedparts.com" may be up to more fraud...

They were located in Florida and I recieved a charge on my Credit card yesterday....

05/13/02 Credit Card Purchase: Perfumania.com Miami FL - $ 128.00

Coincidence that it was FL?

I already called my CC company for a credit and a new card.... anyone who was part of those group deals should check their accounts. This may be just a coincidence but I just thought I'd let you guys know...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
thanks brian. i am expecting my statement any day now, hoping to see a credit for the pulleys and shifter. i'll look even closer now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: Warning to "Pullies" & "Short shifter" group buyers

b-b00gie said:
The place which was doing these group buys "All Rev'd Up" aka "cheapspeedparts.com" may be up to more fraud...

They were located in Florida and I recieved a charge on my Credit card yesterday....

05/13/02 Credit Card Purchase: Perfumania.com Miami FL - $ 128.00

Coincidence that it was FL?

I already called my CC company for a credit and a new card.... anyone who was part of those group deals should check their accounts. This may be just a coincidence but I just thought I'd let you guys know...
man, thats messed up man...$128 at perfumania, they got some cheap colognes and perfumes there...so thats seems to me a like shopping spree at a place like that...i hope they catch'm.

btw, boogie did you get the stuff you ordered from them?

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Warning to "Pullies" & "Short shifter&amp

Nismoboy1 said:

btw, boogie did you get the stuff you ordered from them?

Nope!

After weeks of calling and no answer, I called my CC company 2 weeks ago and got a credit. I happened to log in to my account online today and noticed the charge and it was also from Florida, so I can only assume but not positive...

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up...

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
geez..

I don't even understand how they can use your card at a retail store when they don't actually have the card in hand.. unless it was a 'inside' job where someone worked there that just punched in the number....

...I just had a charge from Switzerland on mine... and I've NEVER ordered anything from europe much less Switzerland.. go figure huh? ...at least Citibank credited it right away :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
theyve been doing that stuff for a long time... they ripped a bunch of people off at altimas.net and they are still ripping people off of ebay also so i would file a report and or get your money back because i highly doubt yall will get what you asked for.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i checked online, and i have a credit on there for both items! time to notify the better business bureau...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: geez..

Chris said:
I don't even understand how they can use your card at a retail store when they don't actually have the card in hand.. unless it was a 'inside' job where someone worked there that just punched in the number....
well, you gotta rememeber its perfumania".COM"...you can order right off their website, without swiping anything...boogie, you should e-mail or call the people at perfumania.com and see if you can find out the shipping information, and see who and where they shipped it to. i'm sure they'll cooperate, if not, present them with case number or something, that may help...most places won't release that kind of information to anyone. or just ask your credit card company to investigate where it was shipped to, which i'm sure they're doing anyways...

but this brings up another question...if they ordered something with your card...most or all companies now only ship to the billing address...sooooo are you sure your not running around with some free cologne??? wanna share??? i need some... j/k man :)

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
i think that a law was just passed by congress making credit card fraud on the internet a felony. so those fucks are in for something if they do get caught. man i hate crap like that, what is it with people stealing stuff lately

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I've already reported them to the BBB - their company info wasn't found in the BBB's computer, so I'm assuming they weren't a registered company. Hopefully the BBB will find these fucks and deal with them appropriately.

·
Registered
13 Posts
FYI if the owner of that particular Perfumania is running the parts business on the side without a storefront (hence its on the internet) he would most likely use the card member services from teh Perfumania storefront to save the cash in starting up a second account, they get pricey. The shop I go thru also owns a bookstore in the same mall and the charges on my card always say "Newstand" on them. In this case he uses the samje account for both locations and since the Newstand is the master account and he ran it on that terminal.. you get the drift? Now if they haven't sent you shit and you are out a product, that is a different story.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts