Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to use the washer fluid today but nothing was spraying out. I did hear the pump pumping though.... and no I'm not out of fluid, I just toped of the washer fluid resevoir today.... what could be wrong?

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Here's a silly question, but also a common mistake. What type of fluid (summer or Winter) did you have in before you topped it up? Same question for the fluid you just added? Same thing happen to me last year. I didn't put my winter fluid in and the summer stuff froze up on me! The best way to to try and fix the problem is to suck out all the fluid you can now before it freezes up on you, add hot water, let it sit for a few minutes to do it job to melt the frozen stuff. Once you've got the fluid flowing again, keep going until you've drained it dry, add winter fluid, and be on your way!

A tip to when you go to purge out the old fluid/water mixture, disconnect the hose at the Y-connector that splits the fluid going to the two hood nozzles. It'll be easier on the pump. Also, you might want to start up & warm up the engine before you start. The heat from the engine can help heat up & melt any residual fluids left in the hoses and/or nozzles.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
slimlou said:
Here's a silly question, but also a common mistake. What type of fluid (summer or Winter) did you have in before you topped it up? Same question for the fluid you just added? Same thing happen to me last year. I didn't put my winter fluid in and the summer stuff froze up on me! The best way to to try and fix the problem is to suck out all the fluid you can now before it freezes up on you, add hot water, let it sit for a few minutes to do it job to melt the frozen stuff. Once you've got the fluid flowing again, keep going until you've drained it dry, add winter fluid, and be on your way!

A tip to when you go to purge out the old fluid/water mixture, disconnect the hose at the Y-connector that splits the fluid going to the two hood nozzles. It'll be easier on the pump. Also, you might want to start up & warm up the engine before you start. The heat from the engine can help heat up & melt any residual fluids left in the hoses and/or nozzles.
I'll give that a shot tomorrow hope it works...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
could also just be clogged with something other than ice. or disconnected completely at some tube.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I came to the conclusion that the nozzles have to be clogged or rusted somehow...... what I did was pull off the tube before the nozzles and it sprayed a nice stream of washer fluid.....

I gotta figur out what to do now to fix it, and no, I'm not going to put the stupid glowing nozzles on...

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Maybe pop out the nozzles and soak them in some hot water. That might do the trick. And you're right, glowing nozzles are tacky. Instead, get a set of non-glowing Skull style that will stare back and you while you sit in the car and the jets squirt out from the eye sockets.................lol

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
05YellowEVO8 said:
Well, I came to the conclusion that the nozzles have to be clogged or rusted somehow...... what I did was pull off the tube before the nozzles and it sprayed a nice stream of washer fluid.....

I gotta figur out what to do now to fix it, and no, I'm not going to put the stupid glowing nozzles on...
Just buy some used ones... im sure u can get them for super cheap. check the partout section. You can probably get it for $10.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will do, or I'll just wait till it gets warmer and try to come up with my own fix

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yeah - Infiniti recommends sticking a pin in them - seriously. No thanks, I'll stick with water, blowing, and CLR. Common problem.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
biomimetic said:
Yeah - Infiniti recommends sticking a pin in them - seriously. No thanks, I'll stick with water, blowing, and CLR. Common problem.

whats CLR stand for ?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
05YellowEVO8 said:
whats CLR stand for ?
Calcium Rust Lime cleaner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts