Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this happen to me a few weeks ago and I though I would share it with everyone. One evening I parked on a steep incline with the front of my car facing downwards. That night it rained pretty hard and the next morning I noticed that I had a leak in my roof. I was able to trace it to the sunroof, but was confused about why it had leaked then and not before. Then I remembered how I was pearched on the side of that hill. My sunroof wind deflector had filled with water and it was more than the seal around the sunroof was designed to handle. There are drains inside of there just in case, but I guess mine got clogged or there was just too much water. Anyways, I don't park on any steep slopes anymore just to make sure nothing like that will happen again. Hopefully none of you will make the same mistake I did. :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
hey, where exactly are those drains on the wind deflector?(i wanna make sure mine arn't clogged)

P.S i dunno if this only happens on my car or not, but when i was washing it i sprayed the hose into the windeflector(maybe a little too long) an it leaked a little bit. Just letting everyone have a warning cause i know summers coming!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The drains aren't in the wind deflector; they're inside your roof. There are 4 of them, one on each corner. The front two are visible and drain down the front pillars. The back two are in there somewhere, but I can't see them. If they are clogged, the dealer has this roto-rooter thing that they can clean it out with. I don't know if they would charge for that service or not; it may depend on how nice you ask!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just replaced the seal around the glass on my sunroof, damn wetherstripping cost $84. Anyway, you might try adjusting the position of the sunroof when it is completely closed. If you remove the plastic cover on each side of the galss, you will see three 10mm nuts, just loosen these and position the glass to where you get the tightest seal on all sides. Mine used ot leak all the time and now it doesn't at all, of course that could be due to the new weatherstripping or the adjustment. Either way, if it gives you any more problems, try that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info! I've been keeping a close eye on it and so far everything's going fine. If it does start misbehaving, I'm glad to know that there's something I can do about it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts