Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a water leak on both P10's in the passenger foot well area. It is a very slow leak when it rains ... or so it seems.

I don't think its anything to do with the A/C because it still happens even when A/C hasn't been run for days or weeks.

Also it is not anything to do with the sunroof, as one T4 had the unattached drain hose and I reattached that and that has stopped the major leak that used to be there. But the other T4 has no sunroof and its got the same slow leak as T4-1.

I have symptoms similar to this post http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5909&highlight=water+leak

But there was no real answer there ... has anyone had and fixed this problem. I will get pics next time it rains.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Maybe its coming from the air intake in the cowl area? Tha could cause it to leak in the passenger footwell area.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Check the firewall seal, it's a rubber seal that's under the intake, under the AC / heat lines. If it's not properly sealed water will come inside the car and will be visible in the passenger floor carpet.

Carlos.

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I have been having this same problem, except it it only on the drivers side, when i return to my car after it has rained, the seats, roof area, and dash are all dry, but the floor mat area on the drivers side only is water logged, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
CarloSR said:
Check the firewall seal, it's a rubber seal that's under the intake, under the AC / heat lines. If it's not properly sealed water will come inside the car and will be visible in the passenger floor carpet.
hum....ill have to check that, I just noticed my P11 has this problem :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok I have a water leak on both P10's in the passenger foot well area. It is a very slow leak when it rains ... or so it seems.

I don't think its anything to do with the A/C because it still happens even when A/C hasn't been run for days or weeks.

Also it is not anything to do with the sunroof, as one T4 had the unattached drain hose and I reattached that and that has stopped the major leak that used to be there. But the other T4 has no sunroof and its got the same slow leak as T4-1.

I have symptoms similar to this post Need help desperately. Water leaking into the car

But there was no real answer there ... has anyone had and fixed this problem. I will get pics next time it rains.
I've also have this problem so i'll look how to fix it..

Carlos.
This firewall seal is under the dashboard or is it visible from the exterior ? thanks for the reply and this first answer !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts