Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I've seen on my P11 gt something strange near the water pump of the SR20DE. let's start from the beginning. It made 3 days that my accessory belts were making noise so on monday I wanted to check the belt tension. At this point I've seen something like antifreezeliquid on the left of the engine. Near the waterpump. This liquid spread even to the wipers motor. I cleaned all the engine bay and now nothing has happened... What could it possibly be ? I'll add a photo to this post. The waterpump is clean. There's no antifreeze liquid on it...

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
On a p10, At the top, middle of the firewall, slightly to the passenger side, there is a rubber bleeder cap (for bleeding air out of the cooling system) with a small hose clamp around it. It is only 1.25 inches long, at most, the diameter of a fat crayon, and is on the end of a hard line. It points toward the passenger side. Mine had a crack in the tip, not visible until I pinched the end of it and coolant dribbled out. The Nissan brand "CAP CONNECTOR" part number is 92570-51E100. I looked around before buying the Nissan part, and all that I found were silicone plugs of the same shape and a Dorman brand plug that came in a Quick Fix Variety Pack. Some folks were saying that the quality of the rubber in these plugs is not the same as the Nissan "CAP CONNECTOR". And as for as the silicone pipe caps, the silicone plugs are not made to resist pressure, just to block of the ends of thin pipes while working on certain projects, not subject to pressure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts