Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My G20 has 103K miles on it now and I'm worried the water pump may fail soon. Its the wife's car and I want to do as much preventative maintenance as I can but the pump looks like a REAL bitch to change.

Anybody had one fail on them?

How many miles?

Did you fix it yourself? If so, how long did it take?

If you had it changed how much did it cost?

TIA,

Ross

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I had mine fail at about 148,000 miles on my 92 and it cost about 300 dollars to fix. Yes i said 300, i really bent over for that one...

·
Registered
311 Posts
The water pump in my last car (a ford before you panic) failed at about 60k, while i was on the motorway doing about 90. It pumped all the coolant straight out of my engine (all over the M3) the engine then promptly blew as it went from normal temp to overheated by a long way in about 30 seconds. Needed new valves, new gaskets and one of the pistons need replacement. $300 doesn't sound too bad now does it?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I call that a blessing in disguise, it got that ford off the road (and into the junkyard where they belong, if you don't mind me saying so) and put you into a primera.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey, I wanted the primera long before anything on the ford went wrong. It's still on the road though. I gave it to my brother. He had a proton so technically it's an upgrade, but there no way he's even driving my GT. Oh yeah, apparently a pump failure at about 60k is quite common on those. Henry must be making a mint on repairs..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts