Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was wondering..

What kind of wax or product is best to polish your stock P10/11 wheels?

On another note, G owners, did your car come with a donut spare tire or a 5th stock rim as a spare? The reason I ask this is because I recently purchased my P10 and I discovered that I had a 5th stock rim as a spare...

thanks.
 

·
WCMIII/SR2012 FLAKER
Joined
·
5,201 Posts
I carry both in my p10t & did the same when I had my black p10, shiet on my last SoCalG's meet I had a flat & put my full size wheel that I use as a spare.
That I know, p10's didnt come woth a full size spare, & the reason I put a full size spare in my trunk was cos my 93 p10 I had, didnt come with the donut, & Randy was selling one. So I got it from him & he made me a deal on two stock p10 rims with good thread on them tyres, so I took them too.
http://www.g20.net/forum/showpost.php?p=517111&postcount=16
my black p10 is in there, cant miss it, it has my black fullsize spare on the front letf side, cant belive O got a flat on my way to a meet...:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha ic ic, how about the wax? anyone use anything that worked that made they're P10 rims shine? my rims are all dirty and its currently snowing here and I really cant do much haha. =\

Cesarin- where did you get your amber cornerlights from? im looking for a pair. haha. :teeth:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,918 Posts
vi3tdragun4o5 said:
haha ic ic, how about the wax? anyone use anything that worked that made they're P10 rims shine? my rims are all dirty and its currently snowing here and I really cant do much haha. =\

Cesarin- where did you get your amber cornerlights from? im looking for a pair. haha. :teeth:
Hit up CDUFF7 on here. He's the JDM corner guy, I got mine from him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,881 Posts
vi3tdragun4o5 said:
So, I was wondering..

What kind of wax or product is best to polish your stock P10/11 wheels?

On another note, G owners, did your car come with a donut spare tire or a 5th stock rim as a spare? The reason I ask this is because I recently purchased my P10 and I discovered that I had a 5th stock rim as a spare...

thanks.
donut spare...

as far as getting the wheels to shine you just gotta get down and take your time to get them clean. I use a rag and some wheel cleaner/degreaser and water. The P11 rims are a pain because of all of the spokes. Once the wheels are clean, I usually wax them with a basic spray on wax since they are clear coated. You could also use a more intense gel or multi step wax too. I find it's tough to keep 'em clean with brake dust...but the wax help you enjoy your hard work a little longer.

I think I saw some stuff that's supposed to fight brake dust, but I can't remember the name!

they sure do clean up nice tho...tire shine helps make the tire look blacker and the rim even shinier :smile:
 

·
WCMIII/SR2012 FLAKER
Joined
·
5,201 Posts
Merlin said:
I think I saw some stuff that's supposed to fight brake dust, but I can't remember the name!
I use Castrol's Super Clean, Greased Lightning degreaser/cleaner just like SC, & Simple Green, but I dilute them with water a lil bit so that the cleaner is not as harsh on the wheel Finnish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,002 Posts
yeah don't use degreaser straight up on your wheels, it's harsh. water it down or use soap or wheel cleaner or whatever. as for shininess, i would think same deal as the rest of your car's paint... rubbing compounds and polishes.
or if you are a masochist you can claybar your wheels before polishing.
there is also stuff called wheel wax that is supposed to stick through high temperatures and be shiny and keep brake dust off but i've never tried it?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top