Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
ive wondered about it too, i think its for when you see the JDM car with wind deflectors along the tops of the windows, like a mount for them.

id love to be corrected, and id like to know too (hope im not being dumb and its like common knowledge or something lol)

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
it was a proven during Nissan R&D that most nissan/infiniti drivers tend to bump their head on that exact spot atleast 100 times while owning the car, so as a safety precaution to their drivers, nissan added a rubber nubben as to lessen the pain for the driver and prevent damage to the car. :p

^
|
|
|
|______im a motherf*ckin liar! :shhh:

·
Nonaggressor
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randy, are you serious?!
If so, where did you acquire this knowledge?

So if you are driving 100+ with the windows down and you decide to start rolling them up they will "bow" outward due to the fast wind.
These little nubbies help the window stay in the track and not get ripped off by high wind volume.
If that's true, then they are the coolest parts on my G20!

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
randyo156 said:
at 100 mph +
window wont go up
kinda blows out
that helps it get back in
never had it happen on my p10
seen it happen with several p11s
I will have to try this when my car gets back from the shop. :) I will take off that bumper... reach speeds in excess of 400 mph... and roll up my windows. :)

...not... but seriously, I can see that happening, good call randy!

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
randyo156 said:
experience
they could have designed it for other reasons tho
on p11s it sometimes gets stuck on the outside of them if the glass flexes too much
not had em get stuck on the nub in my p10 tho
ive noticed that the windows are sterdier on a p10. when i slam the door with my window down on my p11 it makes a rattle sound (both my p11s did this). I slam the door on my p10 with the window down, no rattle.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Cryss said:
ive noticed that the windows are sterdier on a p10. when i slam the door with my window down on my p11 it makes a rattle sound (both my p11s did this). I slam the door on my p10 with the window down, no rattle.
I get rattle on my p10 when I slam it with windows down, but not completely down.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Based on my own experience im pretty sure randy is right. If im travelling at around 150-160km/h which is around 100mi/h, when i try to put up my windows sometimes it wont completely lock in... The window basically flexes outward and doesnt fit in properly. Putting the window down slightly and then back up you can hear a popping sound where the window has actually sucked itself back into the trim. The area where the window flexes outward is right where that little nub is located.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Window guide re-inforcement

1 - 14 of 14 Posts