Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I use 2 banks of 259cc inj., Total of 8 inj.. One bank above the manifold one on the bottom.

Would that be the equivalent of 4 520cc inj?

Would I be able to fire them if wireing them together in pairs?

·
Registered
844 Posts
uh why dont you just get larger injectors?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because I have a 8 stock P11 injectors and 2 fuel rails to experiment with on my spare manifold.

And 8 injectors dual fuel rails on a 4 cilinder looks badass.

As for fitting them, I know a guy that can weld aluminum so I would only need a couple of injector bungs and 2 strips to mount te second rail.

Would it be electronically possible to have a set of 2 injectors fire from a single injector ecu line? In series or parellel wired?

·
Registered
180 Posts
stoney78 said:
Because I have a 8 stock P11 injectors and 2 fuel rails to experiment with on my spare manifold.

And 8 injectors dual fuel rails on a 4 cilinder looks badass.

As for fitting them, I know a guy that can weld aluminum so I would only need a couple of injector bungs and 2 strips to mount te second rail.

Would it be electronically possible to have a set of 2 injectors fire from a single injector ecu line?

it would look badass wouldnt it i was thinking about that also

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They do it on the BTCC intake IIRC. 8 injectors like the N1 VE manifold which has 8 injector bungs.

Supposedly for better fuel control/atomization. 2 smaller ones are better to control then 1 big one.

But you would need a standalone to controll them all individually. I just want them to fire like a bigger injector controlled by something like an E-manage.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I think the 2 injectors per port will ruin the spray patten. getting bigger injectors would be the best bet. answer is yes you can tap them together to get same injector timeing eighther was you look at you will have to tune for the extra fuel but getting bigger injectors is goeing to be you best solution

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
p10det said:
I think the 2 injectors per port will ruin the spray patten. getting bigger injectors would be the best bet. answer is yes you can tap them together to get same injector timeing eighther was you look at you will have to tune for the extra fuel but getting bigger injectors is goeing to be you best solution
Yes, positioning and spray pattern were next on my mind, something to think about. But the P11 EUDM rocker roller intake runners are very long, lots o possible places. Could even put them outside the inlet tract spraying at the intake runners like some Yamaha motorcycles. Just don't think the hood would close if I mount them there :baffled: :smile:

Was browsing on the Jenvey site which has a FAQ about injector placing. The further away from the intake port/valve would help at higher RPM (more time for proper mixing). OEM placing is best for fuel economy.

So would I need to wire them parellel or in series per line? Thinking paralel to have them see the same voltage for the same amount of time?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well..... It would work if there was enough space to fit them.

Because the roller rocker P11 inlet manifold has a coolant channel running right under the first runner it won't fit underneath. Rest of the manifold is already crammed with other brackets and crap so..... Pity...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts