Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 P11 and I can not figure out a weird noise coming from my engine bay.

I only hear it when i put the car in drive from park but when its back in park it goes away. It also made the noise when I was trying to lower my windows but hit raise instead, so Im thinking ALT. belt? possibly. Anybody had this issue please help :(

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
What kind of noise is it?
to get a better idea, you have to be more specific on the type of noise...is it metal-on-metal or is a squeeling noise or what?

You could also have someone stand outside the car (possibly with the hood open) and listen to get a better idea exactly where the sound is coming from. Since you are likely the driver, it may sound like everything is coming from the left front just because of where you are seated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hamzer11 said:
Are you saying that the noise only comes when the alternator is under load? What kind of noise is it?
Seems to happen under load and the noise I would say sounds like a high pitch rattle.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Any luck identifying it? I have a TAK TAK TAK that sounds like it might be the chain hitting the guard. I replaced the tensioner, but still hear the noise. This weekend, I toss the guard n hopefully that works...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
nice, glad to hear that but I will tell you that for me belt dressing has only ever been a band aid...The sound comes back and you gotta keep spraying it...they need to be replaced. If you're handy you can do it yourself and belts don't cost that much...just my 2 cents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts